What can I put with a Mantis?

Ok, I know why I'm getting confused. Some one different was asking about the lion.

We had our 40 divided to house 2 different mantis'. They shared the common overflow in the black there.

onesideswf.jpg

dividerbluearrowswf.jpg

Maybe you can get away with it in a 40, I don't know. I don't have experience with that and I do believe the size is a variable in the equation. Knowing that all of my mantis' ate all of their mates in time besides the long spine urchin, I wouldn't be able to put a fuzzy in there. Look at my avatar.... look into those sweet eyes. You couldn't risk that. Try a clownfish... LOL!

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hahaha... my goal was something that eats algae... but anything that would add some action to the tank would be cool...

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk

redneckgearhead

Yea, buying animals to just eat the HA is such a hit and miss thing. I spent hundreds on animals that eat HA and found only one that would actually eat it, a seahare, and he didn't last long for some reason. Water changes/nutrient reduction is probably going to be your best bet.

Built347

Oh ya.. and its a good time to watch.. if you forget the 10 dollars you spent on the crab.lol

ChrisY

Well, wok fried with some ginger, soy sauce and garlic... Oh, sorry you said WITH a mantis, not served on a mantis :)

ChrisY

On a more serious note I am about to offer up 'Grape Ape' my Emerald crab to your mantis unless he starts behaving better. :)

Built347

On a more serious note I am about to offer up 'Grape Ape' my Emerald crab to your mantis unless he starts behaving better. :)

Grape ape is the name of something else too...;)

ChrisY

it is? Thats a new one on me. I thought it was a cartoon character from when I was a kid.

Built347

Yea, buying animals to just eat the HA is such a hit and miss thing. I spent hundreds on animals that eat HA and found only one that would actually eat it, a seahare, and he didn't last long for some reason. Water changes/nutrient reduction is probably going to be your best bet.

I do giant weekly waterchanges.. I suspected the same thing but its only in the mantis tank. None in the sump or in either big tank...

Built347

So we have concluded that a Smasher mantis will inevitably eat everything.. even your kids. So keep them away..

Don't put anything in the tank that you cannot be without...... thread closed!

Devon very much enjoys Matt's sarcasm.

dmatt88

So we have concluded that a Smasher mantis will inevitably eat everything.. even your kids. So keep them away..

Don't put anything in the tank that you cannot be without...... thread closed!

No $hit. Kids huh. Where do I find the Smasher mantis.

matt sometimes enjoys sarcasm

ChrisY

Hehe. i was thinking of sending mine off to 'Uncle Matt's' this summer, but then I realized what a degenerate he is so I am on the fence. lol

dmatt88

Hehe. i was thinking of sending mine off to 'Uncle Matt's' this summer, but then I realized what a degenerate he is so I am on the fence. lol

Cmon pal 3 kids n all their friends is simply not enough. More.

whys there n f on my sump

Built347

Last I heard Matt is getting a mantis... bring in the kids.. snails and crabs get kindof expensive..