What can I put with a Mantis?

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Jason!! Lol question for u?... what kind of fish can I put with my peacock?

I was planning on leaving the tank empty because she is a wildchild.. she charges my hand in the tank when I'm holding silversides... she can swim better than any of my fish... wtf she is so cool... anyway I'm worried for pretty much any fish's safety in her case..

The reason I bring it up now is that I have HA starting to sheet across he back of the tank.. I know it will get out of control without something eating it...
No crabs or snails obviously.. long term at least..:)
Is there any fish that eats ha that is safe?

Or any fish thats safe at all?
Thanks man!..... or anybody!

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk

Built347

Hahaha... next thread is "which is the fastest fish?"..lol

dmatt88

I'm still giggling. How many places would understand the question what kind of fish can I keep with my peacock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Built347

Hahahaha... really... watch out Google.. I'm making the searches more interesting.. who has peacocks anyway.. oh ya.. my evil neighbors growing up.. I hate them so much now.. stupid peacocks going nuts at 4 in the morning..

PIMPALA

scrape the back wall, and do a water change. LOL

u can put whatever kind of fish you want in there... as long as he is well fed, there is a CHANCE that he wont eat it. but there is never a guarantee. especially with slower vegetarians that munch on GHA.

Mitchell

Ive got a blue damsel and an azure damsel in the tank....monte's not in there yet mind you. My buddy has 2 maroon clowns, a foxface, a copperband and a flame angel in with his 6" peacock.

Built347

hahahahah....wtf jason... MIA... ya just put anything in there... lmao.. perfect time for a question like that huh?

PIMPALA

well, anything in there is a gamble. I figure "dont put any fish in there that i dont want to lose" and then its no worries.

the female wouldnt always let the male sleep in the nem, so it would hang out by a powerhead. i figure a couple of days with no food, and a 2" sleeping clown looks like prime rib.

Built347

is yours a 40b too.. i thought i remembered you saying that but you have some large species in there for a 40.

PIMPALA

no, its a 55 gallon corner tank.

The lion was purchased as a 3" baby, and the picasso was a 2" baby. both have doubled or more in size.

the lion will be the first to get re-housed, but there is already a plan for a bigger predator FOWLR in the future, and the corner tank will probably just stay the mantis mansion

PIMPALA

oh, and i figured if i was gonna lose a fish, it might as well be a ugly, worthless, mean, tomato clown.

Built347

oh, and i figured if i was gonna lose a fish, it might as well be a ugly, worthless, mean, tomato clown.

Good call!.. As i watch damsels stress out all of my reef inhabitants maybe i should try and stick them in the mantis tank...