What Are Tyree Corals?

Melanie

I've seen many listings for Tyree Corals and wondered if someone can tell me the origin of this name. Maybe you know of a website that explains it?

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Corals sold by Steve Tyree.

REEF FARMERS

Reeffarmers - This web site is the main distribution site for captive farmed corals from the farming business Reeffarmers (owned and operated by Steve Tyree). Steve has been farming and distributing captive stony corals since 1993. Back then, the captive maintainance of reef building stony corals was still considered impossible by many. Today there are literally thousands of reef aquarist around the world that are not only maintaining these corals but they are successfully farming them. Over the years Steve has managed to acquire a large collection of rare and exotic corals. To this day Steve continues to search the U.S. for captive corals that he considers rare and exotic. Reeffarmers main product lines include: Limited Editions; Auctioned Editions; Farmed Exotics; and Evaluation Corals. All of our product lines are described below and their web sales pages are selectable in the menu on the left.

boozeman

you can also google cryptic zone filtration as he was a major proponent of this method before he began to frag exotic corals

aquaman3680

I personally have a couple of his LTD. editions. I have a Tyree rainbow monti, tyree superman, and I also have some other LTDs. like the ling sy monti, and some tubs true blues. One i am looking for from him is a phonap (spelling) birdsnest. He has some real cool stuff!

Matt

aquaman3680

I can get you pics of them but I just got them and they are just starting to color up! I will take pics now and show you what they are like here in a month or so!

Matt

aquaman3680

Here are the tubs blue zoos and another LTD. devils armor palys, the polyps are huge about the size of a dime each.

DSC_5783.jpg

DSC_5789.jpg

Matt

Frankie

RS STAFF
Awe man, I thought we were talkin sps here! :D
J/K dude. Sweet colors. I love the blue!

aquaman3680

yeah i have a rainbow monti and superman and ling sy, just not colored up yet, ill get some pics of the not colored up ones tomorrow. I also have a nuclear green paly.

Matt

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Corals from Tyree, & others alike are IMO a bunch of hobbiest going around asking reefers for corals & putting their names to it & them sell it for a large profit. To me it is BS because you have it in your tank it looks great & they profit fom your hard work not thier own.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Beautiful zoas/palys! :drooool: I have a tyree long green polyp toadstool that is very pretty. I like the awesome colors of their corals.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I cannot agree totally with you Jack. There are a lot of corals that Tyree went to great lengths to find, cultivate and grow out over a long time in order for people like us to have the opportunity to have them in our tanks. Yeah, he's making money off of what he likes. So do I.
I don't want you all to think i am a kiss butt though. I am saying you have arrived because you must be doing very well with your tank to sink the kind of money Tyree corals cost to have into your tank. Not that there the best out there. I personally have not seen the reason to spend so much of my hard earned money on his corals when i can get it someplace else cheaper.