Water cloudiness

Set up tank Friday night and still looks the same. Is not clearing up. How long will it usually take to clear up ?
I would like any input
Thanks....

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Daniel. Is it particles in the water or microbubbles? Good advice above. If you used a very fine substrate the cloudiness can last longer. Try not have the powerheads blowing on the substrate.

is particles it started to clear up but I began aquascaping and got all murky again. I do have very fine live sand. Is been longer than i tough. I havent been able to aquascape yet, I am afraid every that i will take me a week to aquascape.... hahahah..

Thanks guys

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Fun isn't it? If you're running a filter pad or floss you might have to rinse or replace it often. As it plugs up with particles it'll cut the flow through the back, drop the level in the pump chamber, and cause microbubbles.

Monkeyboy

Id just do what I had to do straight away then let it settle. If you find sand on your live rock it's easy to blow it off with a turkey baster or small powerhead. My tank was a mess during the time I changed my substrate but looks nice now.

Thanks guys is getting better I finally had arrange all LR while it was murky, reminded me of my worst scuba trip but is looking better now. I ll have pics soon.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
:chair: :lurk: looking forward to the pics
050.gif

SiNNeR

if you didnt run floss/pad at first all the dust is in your back chambers (it was with mine- leanson learnt)

drain some water out till it gets below the inlet and out let of the back..

then drain out the back,
clean the skimmer and pumps,
clean the dust off the glass in the back..
assemble with 2 layers floss on top of Foam block.
fill up and start it running again..

first 3 days change both floss pads.
once water is clear just use 1

bottom line is if the dust is in the back its gonna be a PAIN for a long time unless you get it out..

your millage may vary, but.
thats my leasons learnt anyway

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
My clowns eat anything I add - flake, pellet, frozen. I use several different brands but can't even remember the brand names.

Reefmack. Do you alternate food something different every day ? And how often do you feed?
Also how do you keep track of all parameters in the tank ? Do you have logs that can share?
Thanks you guys are the reason why I went with my rsm

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I alternate every few days and feed once a day. I use a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet for my test readings - I justr made columns for the thing I test for - date, temp., pH, nitrates, Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium. I have ammonia and nitrites in there too, but don't test them anymore. I'm not very good at testing frequently - maybe once a week or less since my tank was cycled and stable. You can make a nice log in a notebook too (and won't lose it if your PC crashes).

There's a good example on page 5 of the RSM maintenance sheet:

RSM Maintenance Sheets