Walking Batfish Causes?? B&W clown to popeye

sambrinar

How about an easy button :D From Staples~ I need one of these!!!
easybutton.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Diabetic insulin syringes have 31 gauge needles. 30 gauge are slightly bigger in diameter and you can't tell the difference with the naked eye. Pop eye won't know the difference either! With gauge, the bigger the number the smaller the diameter of the needle. Just a bit of trivia! :D

Kim, the needles I sent are differnet than the ones Brenda has sent. In that they are used for dental procedures and have two sharp ends. One end to inject into muscle and the other to pierce the carpule of anesthetic. Be careful removing the plastic cap that you don't get stuck. The needles are sterile until you remove the plastic cap.

Last edited:

sambrinar

I knew there was a reason I didn't like to go to the dentist!! I have never had a cavity (very proud of that, 37 y/o, knocking on wood) LOL, mine are 1 needle for medical procedures, also sterile until you remove the cap.

wazzifam

Great info from all!! I will go deeper into the site from Scott. I did see the meds there, but didnt realize it came in a smaller qty. I hope to never need this stuff again, So the smaller the qty the better.

Practice on grapes. Hmph thats a great idea. now im stepping next door to the fruitstand.
Guess the clove oil is out!! Im not trying to euthanize him right from the start. YIKES :smck:

wazzifam

I just know that if anything happens its a 30 min. drive to LFS to replace him before son gets home... and Poof.. its a miracle, hes cured and fine...
but...the LFS has 2 much smaller and almost as cute. so Im sure he'd notice that the miracle was such that caused him to geneticly duplicate himself but in doing so had to be reduced in size. coulda been the drugs...

Oh ya thats the other forum..... dang addicts.....

sambrinar

no you could just tell him, he was inflated and now he is deflated.... Sorry bad joke... seriously good luck and keep us posted

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I just know that if anything happens its a 30 min. drive to LFS to replace him before son gets home... and Poof.. its a miracle, hes cured and fine...
but...the LFS has 2 much smaller and almost as cute. so Im sure he'd notice that the miracle was such that caused him to geneticly duplicate himself but in doing so had to be reduced in size. coulda been the drugs...

Oh ya thats the other forum..... dang addicts.....

Kim, it's best to be honest with your son and explain what needs to happen to get this fish feeling better and that there are risks involved in helping the animal. It could be a good learning experience.

wazzifam

Sometimes the humor tries to get the best of me.... He is actually fully aware of the risks. and he would def. know. but the twins were cute...

He actually wants to be here to see this take place. So there would be no fooling the fool!! he purchased him outta his pocket and has always been partial to this fish. he isnt really a kid. hes gonna be 21. OMG my baby isnt a baby!! Gotta stop trying to shelter him. LOL More like he tries to shelter me!!

just trying to make light of a touchy thing...

Were gonna do what we can within our power to help his ailing fish.
With all of your help, how can we fail?
WE WONT.

Camera is ready and waiting. I'll be going for more water tomorrow and further checking into the meds. May have a lead here from a local store.

sambrinar

Kim LMAO. I love the slogan, Addicts never quit quitting. You should propose that to the club, it's great!!! Damn we should have done a smiley with that~

Stacef

Good luck with all of this Kim!! Hopefully you can take pics/video for us!! This is a great learning experience for all of us.

wazzifam

sambrinar: Kim LMAO. I love the slogan, Addicts never quit quitting. You should propose that to the club, it's great!!! Damn we should have done a smiley with that~

That was that crazy brain of mine again!! LOL

Stacef: Good luck with all of this Kim!! Hopefully you can take pics/video for us!! This is a great learning experience for all of us.

Thanks Stacef! Were gonna do the best we can with it. It will actually depend on whos around at the time. Once all the items are assembled, Im gonna sit down and do it. Whether anyones around or not!! I cant continue to see him suffer, its been so long already, but the 1st time he had this, after almost a month, he came back to normal and was fine till now.
but were all tired of looking at him like this again. And he seems to be acting a little different than last time. so I think this is more cereal than last.

looking forward to tomorrows mail! should only be another day or so for the meds to be finalized and arrive.

dinner time!! (for me) the fish cant eat today:drooool:

leebca

You seem to be 'going all out' for this fish. As such I would make two more recommendations:

1) Don't throw any extra equipment or anesthetic away (it's common to need to perform this 2 or 3 times).

2) Look into obtaining another pair of antibiotics. Maracyn 2 is used after the operation, but it is best to be prepared for it to not work. In this case you will need to switch antibiotics and the faster the switch, the better. I would recommend using two antibiotics together. These two go together very well: Nitrofurazone and Kanamycin. I suggest you find and have on hand the product Spectrogram which contains these two antibiotics in the proper ratio. Just follow instructions on that product.