Vortech mp20 !

brookejk

Hi all i was wondering if anyone had a vortech on there 250 ?.Having read loads of good reviews and post's i decided that was the one for me but after visiting two different lfs i was told thay arn't that good ? .Alltho both did not stock them would that of swayed there views ???.But i had my mind made up as alltho its dear the lack of needing to get power leads out of the max lid ect makes it worth it ! so i have orderd one fingers crossed the reviews are right

brookejk

Kinda wot i thought ! it's a bit poor if it's just cos thay dont stock them and these were two well knowen shops aswell.Still hope mine comes tuesday and i can report back to them !.

imaccat

Brookejk,

I don't have much to compare my MP40 with, but everybody raves about them and I think mine is great. Definitely sounds like the LFS is biased as they don't stock them.

tnwillia

Like Anthony, I have 2 MP40s in my 250. I'm going to upgrade both with the new ES controllers. They are worth every penny and there is NOTHING better IMO! Have fun!

tnwillia

"after visiting two different lfs i was told thay arn't that good"

Now that is LFS typical advice. I wonder what pumps they push and have a store room full of?

Enjoy your new Vortech!

I have an MP10 and love it. And I just got their new controller, which I'll be installing this week. It moves a ton of water and is very quiet.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I have an MP10 and love it. And I just got their new controller, which I'll be installing this week. It moves a ton of water and is very quiet.

Let us know how the controller upgrade goes. I have a MP20 to MP40W Ecosmart upgrade on backorder. It looks like an easy upgrade to the new controllers, based on their video, but first hand experience is best!

Bobi1956

I noted that Marine Depot had their MP10's on sale now - I'm assuming this is due to them being the ones with the old controller?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I saw that too Bob. It seems like both versions of the MP10 are being offered at some places - the original, and one with the new Ecosmart controller, and a bit higher price.

Bobi1956

OK that's what I thought but wasn't sure since I own none of them. I've spent alot on my tank but for some reason I just can't get over the prices of those pumps and controllers (shrugs)

I have two mp10's and they are great. They can stir up alot more than other pumps without actually blasting corals and fish. Plus they are great to play with. I wouldn't swap mine....:turntable

Nowellsy SNR

Let us know how the controller upgrade goes. I have a MP20 to MP40W Ecosmart upgrade on backorder. It looks like an easy upgrade to the new controllers, based on their video, but first hand experience is best!
+1 let us know how you like the new contoller

tnwillia

Anthony, I have 2 of the new MP-40 ES controllers on order also, new modes! I'm hoping the new "Tidal Swell" mode is going to top Reef Crest with dual pumps. Fun Fun!