Vortech MP10 Users

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Do you change "modes" on your MP10?
If so, how often & reasoning?
Do your coals do better on certain modes? Or can you tell any difference?
I'm really liking my MP10 but I think I'd like more operational opinions please (& thanks!) :)

steved13

PREMIUM
I changed mine, throughout the day. I used an Apex and later a Profilux controller, both with the ability to automate the intensity and mode. I would run NTM throughout the photo period and Lagoon during lights out. I would also very the intensity, growing from "dawn" through "midday" and then back down again to "dusk" and then back to lagoon mode. Tank did very well IMO.

Without a controller, you can manually turn the intensity down at bedtime, and then back up in the AM.

mhago

Excelent question, Diana! I would like to see the answers too.

I think it is great, my rsm130 is much better with it, but I don't know about the modes

I always use ecosmart tidal swell and ecosmart nutrient transport modes. Change every couple of days.

My corals are growing and I think it is helping, but I don't know if I should use other modes too

I also use at max speed most part of the time...,

slakker

I keep mine in reef crest mode and I also run a tunze nano wave maker... The 2 together seems to keep the rocks clean of detritus and the fish and corals happy...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I manually cycle through all the modes & power intensity - even few days I change it up - don't know if it helps, but fish & corals seem to like it :dance:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I just changed mine yesterday & noticed LOTS of stuff flying around in the water for several hours. I guess it might be a good idea to switch them up (not just use the same one every day) for keeping the detritus cleared better from the rocks.
Thanks for ALL the replies. It's nice to compare thoughts about making life better for our tanks :)