Vortech MP10 ES

ZebbyD

Hello all

Just got a Vortech MP10 ES. All was well and then I noticed the light had changed to an all red light. I tried to change through the modes and all I can get is two red light in between one yellow and one green. Very weird.

I have read another forum where it says it is an upgrade error and that after a while his pump returned to normal.

Any ideas?

ZebbyD

I am slightly tempted to just leave it on as others have said it has resolved itself on its own. Obviously I also do not want to break it.

I know it isn't working correctly just yet but I already love it! haha

ZebbyD

Hi Steve

Not plugged it back in since the first attempt as I thought I'd seek further advice on here before retrying. Will give it a go first thing tomorrow and report back.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Good job on the purchase......sorry about the red light! Mine stopped and stalled for a little while and I just left it plugged in and it "fixed itself".

ZebbyD

Right, well I didn't do anything apart from go through the modes and test the water movement with my hand and leave the pump on what felt like nutrient transport mode.

After turning off my RSM pumps and just watching the tank I noticed that the light had returned to purple (the colour the dial should be). I have since put my other pumps back on and all is fine.

I'll update you all soon to see if anything has changed.

tnwillia

Glad you got it, I've pushed the wrong or wrong combination of buttons more than once and caused problems. On mine, some of the buttons are hard to push as well. Power off is a cure for lots of things. Have fun!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I agree Tom. The buttons on the new Ecosmart drivers are a real pain to push in. The buttons on the pre-ecosmart drivers were much easier to push in.

ZebbyD

I'm very happy to see it working, my issue now is to leave it alone and let it do its job. haha

Hmmmmm, what to buy next?