Varga's 300 Gallon In-Wall Build!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willie McDaries

Varga,I started my tank today,got all of the plywood assembled,except the top braces.96x36x26 about 360gallons,that things is heavy with just the wood,my backs a killing me now.Its gonna be a slow build,I have to build a wall to put mine in,but it will be in-wall too.You have inspired me:bouncer:

Varga

SWEET. Dying to see some pix!!

I suggest not using plywood for top braces. I just drilled holes and used some metal rods with bolts and washers. They dont block the light at all.

Varga

I dont think I've ever posted pix of the fish room after I finally cleaned it!! :D

New CA reactor is working like a champ! all sps frags are growing happily :)

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0132-1.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

Willie McDaries

I'll try to take some pics today,I'm still undecided on the top bracing,probably put 1 brace in the center and do an euro style,got my external over flow built and doubled the face frame for the glass yesterday,I just ordered my fiberglass epoxy and mat,I still haven't found glass close to home,probably go to glasscages for that.

your fish room looks almost as good as the viewing side,clean and very well organized,your wife helped didn't she:thumbup:

Willie McDaries

sorry for hi-jacking your thread,I need to start my own build thread but it'll take me a long time to finish(money permitting),and folks(like myself) get impatient waiting on pics,so I think I just take pics as I build,then do a thread when the water goes in.:fingerx:
Forgive me for being a pest but I will probably be hounding you with question for the next few months:confused:

Willie McDaries

HPIM2955-1.jpg

HPIM2956-1.jpg

HPIM2957-1.jpg

HPIM2958-1.jpg

HPIM2959-1.jpg

Varga,
here is what I have so far if I posted pic right,thinking about putting glass in the ends also and make it free standing instead of built in,don't know yet

framerguy

Alright Varga, you have inspired me to clean up my fish room. Wow, Yours looks terrific. Those mangroves look fabulous!

BillW

Varga you did a beautiful job on the tank. This thread and another plywood build on another forum has given me the inspiration to build my own woodie when the time comes.

I have a question about the plumbing going to your sump. It looks like you've got 4 inlets, one capped off and a ball valve on the 6th. Are you using the ball valve to introduce air to eliminate gurgling? Your inlets are in the side of your overflow. Could they also be put in the bottom? I'm thinking my overflow will be a coast to coast on the outside of the tank. Coming from the bottom would be ideal for my plan. Thanks

Varga

Varga you did a beautiful job on the tank. This thread and another plywood build on another forum has given me the inspiration to build my own woodie when the time comes.

I have a question about the plumbing going to your sump. It looks like you've got 4 inlets, one capped off and a ball valve on the 6th. Are you using the ball valve to introduce air to eliminate gurgling? Your inlets are in the side of your overflow. Could they also be put in the bottom? I'm thinking my overflow will be a coast to coast on the outside of the tank. Coming from the bottom would be ideal for my plan. Thanks

yup. The bal valve is jut for air. doesnt really eliminate noise.
I think it would actually be better if the drain was on the bottom of the overflow

Varga

nice room Varg, now i feel guilty because mine is junky so i'm off to do some cleaning.

thank JoJo. mine was a huge mess since the tank was built!!!

did I mention my tank is almost one year old? :dryer: :dryer: :dryer:

JoJo

yea, mine was started soon after yours. what a difference from what a year made of your and mine...you're doing a great job