Varga's 300 Gallon In-Wall Build!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varga

Thanks guys :)

My dream is to go for a 2-3 day walk in the mountains and take lots of nature photos!!! They only reason I haven't done that is cuz I don't want to do it alone! But now I have a new friend who might be as crazy as I am and might want to go with me :D

I just discovered the magic of "white balance" so cool, almost like cheating :D

6-5.jpg

Here's a friendly community fish for ya!
5-3.jpg

Are these PPE's? most likely not? they are almost quarter size.
2-9.jpg

11-2.jpg

1-10.jpg

I bought this as an ugly brown thing and its turning to a pretty stick :)
13-1.jpg

7-3.jpg

9-2.jpg

4-5.jpg

3-7.jpg

framerguy

Scott beat me to what I was going to say so I have to change it to something else, I'll go with...your camera skills are sick yo!

Varga

Traded my Ipod touch for 9x 2" frags including a 1.5" Setosa. So exited cant wait to see them grow. So far every ones happy and extending polyps a little.

x4-1.jpg

x5-1.jpg

x3-1.jpg

x2-1.jpg

x1-1.jpg

x.jpg

Varga

I know Frankie!! Putting the breaks on till I upgrade two more ballasts and bulbs.

The red one is a Setosa, I got very lucky getting it. They sell 1/2" frags online for $90!!!!!!

vdituri

I know Frankie!! Putting the breaks on till I upgrade two more ballasts and bulbs.

The red one is a Setosa, I got very lucky getting it. They sell 1/2" frags online for $90!!!!!!

NICE! Writing that one down. It's a beaut! :bluenod:

Varga

I know!! The guy I bought it from had a salad bowl size colony. Its an encrusting coral and in some tanks it looks more like a monti cap. the encrusting base on his was about 5x bigger than the branches.

this dude has colonies you'd need 32gallon buckets to move.

1-1.jpg

Varga

Thank you guys, you are too kind :D

I really don't have any photography skills. Just learning as I go. This camera has a very useful help button. That's how I learned what "white balance" is :D :D :D

Just got back from a very sweet hike. Spring is coming WOOO HOOO Once again I remember why I LOVE Washington state :D

z1.jpg

z.jpg

z2.jpg

z4.jpg

z7.jpg

framerguy

Goodness Gracious! What a beautiful place.

Play with the depth of field and take several pics of the same thing. For nature shots like that a shallower depth of field brings the subject into focus and the rest is less so. I don't know what the lowest Fstop is for your lens but try the lowest setting, then 9.5, then 16, then 32 and see what works for your tastes. For water try a tripod and a long exposure. Use the camera meter to chose the DOF. Try 1/20 second, one second, then 1.5 second. See what kind of effect you get, I bet you will like it. The longer the smoother the water looks, it's very artsy.