Varga's 300 Gallon In-Wall Build!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varga

coast to coast is the dark spot under the box an issue?

Attachments

• coat to coast.jpg
    coat to coast.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 462

madgaffr

If you are doing all this woodwork/epoxy, why not make an external coast to coast and therefore use no real estate inside the tank?

Craig Manoukian

If this is going to be your real dream show piece, I would recommend 3/4" starfire low iron glass as the extra thickness will compensate for the lower strength and the additional clarity, because you only have one viewing panel, will be well worth the extra cost IMO. I double checked this with Jack this morning.

Good luck, lot's of cool work ahead.

Varga

Thanks for the input Craig, hes checking on Starfire prices but I was told it will be well above Tempered prices. I'm on a budget here :) and I dont really have a problem with the green tint

Frankie

RS STAFF
Well since your going ahead with this I will help out all i can. How do you plan on installing the front pane? I am glad your shopping around for the glass. It would really suck if you invested over a grand for a piece of glass that could blow out. If you can go 3/4" on the front pane that would be awesome! If clarity is a big deal you might want to look into using 1" acrylic. nothing will be clearer or stronger. It will be cheaper then glass also and you can drill it and screw it.

JoJo

i'm glad i caught on to this one early. i think its a brave move to build that monster. good luck buddyl

mywivestank

Hey Varg, Frankie's got a point, but you wouldn't need 1" acrylic, you could easily use 3/4". It would be less expensive and easier to work with. Just a suggestion.:lurk:

Varga

I wanted to use acrylic but I have never worked with it and I really don't want to experiment so I'm going the route I've gone before :)

AND got a quote on 94x24 acrylic for $650 the glass is much cheaper for me

glass dude says he'll deliver and help me install it too! then he wants me to build him a tank....how do i get out of that?!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Now thats a deal! You would need help anyhow. That size glass is heavy. To have a glass guy there to help is a major plus imo. I'll have to check out the link tonight.

JoJo

you may not want to get out of it once you see how good yours turns out, & it'll give you practice for the next tank you build. thats how i got started doing landscape/irrigation. i was working on my parents' lawn, & their neighbor asked if i could help him & he would pay me.

Varga

you may not want to get out of it once you see how good yours turns out, & it'll give you practice for the next tank you build. thats how i got started doing landscape/irrigation. i was working on my parents' lawn, & their neighbor asked if i could help him & he would pay me.

Thats why I'm a contractor, my parents made me do chores and I got to like it :)

Varga

Let there be over flow.....

Attachments

• 1 [640x480].jpg
    1 [640x480].jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 455
  • 2 [640x480].jpg
    2 [640x480].jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 454

Varga

And let there be one uuuugly tank, now it HAS to go in the wall :)

I decided to not dig into the wall till the tank has been tested for a few days.....in the backyard.....facing the empty pond. Just in case :bouncer:

Attachments

• 3 [640x480].jpg
    3 [640x480].jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 457