Val's 55gal Freshwater planted community tank

DaveK

Any updates here Dave? Pics!

I came across this reading Val's thread. The last couple of weekends has resulted in an almost complete tear down and set up of my planted tank. I've learned a lot and spent a lot. And you thought reef tanks were expensive. (grin).

The system is still cycling, and I've got a lot of ammonia. The fish are still "on vacation" in another small tank. I'll post about it more and get some decent picts once I get the fish back and the tank cycled. I'll start a new thread, as I have no intention of hijacking Val's.

Val

Dave thanks for the update on your tank, I can't wait to see your thread. Not that I mind you one this one, it'll be easier for you to look back later on without my junk in your way. ; )

Val

My plants came in along with 5 cherry shrimp. The shrimp are hard to find most of the time but I have had a few sitings so I think they are doing well.

The plants are:
Echinodorus angustifolia Vesuvius, Madagascar Lace Plant, Myriophyllum Tubercuulatum - Red, Nesaea SP Red leaf. Here is what I have so far.

fulltank1.jpg

left1.jpg

middle1.jpg

right1.jpg

I may move some plants once I get better height. I also put the 4 bulb T5HO lights back on it. 2-10k, one rosea and one actinic. I'll probably pick up another rosea to replace actinic but I do like what it does for the colors of the tank..so not sure about that yet.