Upgrading FOWLR to RSM 250

Rekkie

Hi All Great site, I have been reading for quite some time and this site is defiantly a great source of information.

I should be getting the RSM 250 early next week and have a few general questions if at all possible, my current FOWLR setup has been running for around 2 years now and have never had to much of an issue.

I live in Perth Australia around 1Km from a great beach where i get my salt water from, generally 50 liters a week or every second week depending on requirments. Currently around 40% of the tank but will be less in the RSM.

Water parameters are always good, although the water temp is around 19C at the beach (always confirm corret temp before changing).

Current setup is as per the below
Aqua Care curved glass tank with cabinet
L80x50Hx29W around 110L
Macro Aqua protein skimmer
Aqua One canister filter, Aquis 1000
150W internal Heater
Haiyang T5 LO lighting
17Kg of live rock and Tunze internal powerhead

I will be getting more fully cured live rock to add to the existing rock once the RSM is setup.

First Question is as i dont use mixed salt will this cause an issue for the new corrals once added after a few months?

I dont mind using mixed salt with RO water but realy like this beach:)

I would also like to post pictures of some inhabitants that i am not too sure of and dont realy want to move to the new RSM if not recomended.

Attachments

• DSC_3903.jpg
    DSC_3903.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 26

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Congrats on the new beautiful RSM 250 !

Here a great place to get an id Reef Hitchhiker ID even if it's not a hitchhiker...

Be sure to start us a tank thread in the RSM Club & share your new tank with us !

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!

You're not the first to use natural seawater. Just be sure it's not near any pollution. If you've used it for 2 years in your FOWLR tank with no problems and no parasites/diseases I'm guessing it will be fine. Just my opinion.

Rekkie

Hi Guys many thanks for the warm welcome. The beach above is quite far from the nearest boat ramp and the water is almost always calm and clear which make it easy to collect.

Current tank needed new lighting and is not large enough without a sump hence the upgrade to the RSM250.

Attachments

• fishtank.jpg
    fishtank.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 26