Tunze 9002 and intank media basket and cup for 9002

Grahamb01

Hi all,

I have desided to take out my 9002 skimmer, I just couldnt get on with it.
Its only 2 months old if that.

I have gone back to the stock skimmer, can anyone recomend a external skimmer? mabe one I can fit in the cabinet?
Also I want to change my salt, at the moment I use Tetra and want to use red sea salt.
Not sure which salt is best, any comments I would gladly welcome.
Also do I need to introduse the new salt in bits or can I just go ahead and use it when I do my 20% weekly water change on my 130D.

Thanks in advance

If anyone wants to buy the skimmer and media basket and cup please inbox me.

Thanks

Graham

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You should be fine changing salts in your weekly water changes.

Red Sea Coral Pro is a very good one another is Seachem Salinity.

Were you going to add a sump & a new skimmer in it?

Grahamb01

Not sump, does that include making a hole in the bottom of the tank?
Sorry im not that upto date on it.

Or would it just be a case of fitting the skimmer in a water tight box?
Sorry for sounding Dumb lol.

As for the Tunnze I live in Sunny Wales.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
can anyone recommend a external skimmer?

all the external skimmers have to go in a sump... I think... a sump can be a simple cheap aquarium - I run my 130D stock, but sure some members can advise... lots have sumps.

Last edited:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I always liked my hang on Remora skimmer, but that would require removing the skimmer flap. I ran mine with the media rack.

Msigler

Graham- I am going to take back what I said about my Tunze. I was browsing for a new skimmer and stumbled on to some Tunze 9002 vids on youtube. Watched some vids of people using the same skimmer I have and their skimmer was pulling thick nasty skimmate from the water. So I decided to take my under achieving skimmer apart and see what the deal was. My airline and elbow connecting to my airline were clogged with salt. Cleaned it up and now it is performing like no other.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
That is a key on the stock skimmer too... I always used an eye glass screwdriver to get in there & ream out the salt & calcium build up - really helped ! Good news !

Last edited: