Triggerjay's Glass Box

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Glad to hear you're bad on track mate :( Would have been devastating having the tank crack!!

Triggerjay

Man, I forgot how nerve wracking it is to set up a new system.. Is the stand level enough... Are there any leaks.. Are the rocks going to fall... Will the sump hold all the water in an outage.. Well so far so good..

Triggerjay

Glad to hear you're bad on track mate :( Would have been devastating having the tank crack!!
Your telling me. I actually thought about giving it up for a minute. Couldn't sleep that night. All is good now. Just need to let things settle. I told my wife if anything like that happens again I'm done with it. Thankfully I only work weekends so I had time to get it all in order.

anarchy

Your telling me. I actually thought about giving it up for a minute. Couldn't sleep that night. All is good now. Just need to let things settle. I told my wife if anything like that happens again I'm done with it. Thankfully I only work weekends so I had time to get it all in order.
Haha wife told me if anything malfunctions and water gets all over her floor tanks are gone.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Well I'm gald you didn't as the tank was coming along really well so far :) I definitely can't wait to see how the new one goes now too :)
That's good you could get things sorted quickly!

Triggerjay

Just got home from work to some burnt tips. Hopefully things won't start to RTN on me.. Fingers crossed. I won't have time to address anything until Monday as I work 12's all weekend with an hour drive on each end. Alk tested fine last night. May be the beginnings of a mini-cycle.

Oxylebius

My sunset monti took a hit. Don't know what happened to it, but there's about a 3/4" grey spot in the middle.

Looks like something stung it. What corals do you have around it? Any that are known to have long stinging tentacles? Also make sure you aren't having issue with your Ca and Alk balance.

I have had something similar just happen a few weeks ago. Right in the center of a Turbinaria coral it was being stung, turned a little yellowish at first and then bleach out. I pulled a nearby Pocillopora off the rock and solved the issue. The Turbinaria is now recovering. It didn't spread, it was a localized attack that only killed those specific polyps that were touched. In time the Turbinaria will fully recover.

Find the culprit. Move it. Keep your water quality up and your coral can recover also.

Just got home from work to some burnt tips. Hopefully things won't start to RTN on me.. Fingers crossed. I won't have time to address anything until Monday as I work 12's all weekend with an hour drive on each end. Alk tested fine last night. May be the beginnings of a mini-cycle.

I'd also test your Ca. You want to make sure that your Ca is in balance with your Alk. Testing both ammonia and nitrites would also be advised.

Triggerjay

Could have been corals stinging each other.. Possibly a temperature issue. Everything was in tubs for two days while preparing the new tank (drilling, installing the overflow, waiting for glue to dry). Casualties of breaking a tank I guess. All params were spot on the whole time though. Without light Alk stayed stable as the corals didn't uptake much in the tubs. My setosa is RTN'ing, and a small acro. Still thinking mini-cycle from all the stress. Things will take time to recover. Rocks are all near the bottom right now.. Have not had time to scape, so light may also be an issue.

Triggerjay

Well setosa is a complete loss. One of my acros started to lose flesh as well. Getting ready to do a round of testing. I'm guessing I will discover a mini-cycle. Hopefully things settle down soon... I'm going to reefapalooza next month and want to be able to buy.

Triggerjay

Ca 370 (low)
Alk 9
Mag 1500
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20
Phos 0.1
Ph 8.0
Temp 80
Sg 1.026

Added an extra dose of ca on my doser. Running 2 part. Don't really like to run more ca than Alk, but apparently I need to right now. Aside from ca, nothing obvious stands out. At this point I'm going to say stress from being in tubs for two days. Going to try to move my pile of rocks around today and try to make things look decent again.