Top of the tank?

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
What do you guys have near the very top of your RSM 250 that is doing well? I'm talking like 9 inches from the lights. Everything I put up there seems grow just fine, but loses quite a bit of color. Just looking for some high up, nice looking coral ideas!

Thanks

Oxylebius

I have several SPS doing fine w/stock lights.
About 5-6 inches from lights - encrusting monti (purple haze), ORA Green Stylophora
About 6-7 inches from lights - 2 Stylophoras (cupcake, cotton candy), Pocillopora Cauliflower Coral, and a Monti Capricornis that is off to the side of the tank so a little less light is there for the monti.....
So far they have kept their bright colors, but it's that time of year to get new bulbs in the tank and I'm thinking about adding ATI lights this time.

The Stylophora tend to stay small, bunched-up, like cauliflower and so will not necessarily need a lot of space to grow tall like Acroporas and Montiporas do, but are sensitive to water qualities. So, I find that they have been good to have at upper parts of the tank.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I have some bright green zoas and sinularia about 6-7 inches from the top, and some eagle eye zoas about 8 inches.