"Tom's RSM 250"

tnwillia

Hey Juan the LED hood would be way to bright for what I'm trying to do but thanks!

I found lots on putting the Tunze 9002 in the BC-29 but not found anything on doing it in the JBJ-28. Anyone done it?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Hi Tom - OK on the BC 29 choice. StevieT has some stuff for the BC 29, including a small skimmer - just FYI:

BioCube 29 - inTank, LLC

I wasn't sure how much room was in the back of the BC. I'm only familiar with the little JBJ 6 gallon.

tnwillia

Thanks for the videos Terry!

Still leaning to the BC-29. There is lots more info on this tank than the JBJ-28. I looked at SteveTs mod skimmer cup for the 9002, I'll check out what he has for a skimmer. Thanks again!

tnwillia

Great videos, Contact time was longer than I was expecting but it works! I'm going to see if he can make them shorter (16 - 18"). I can already see a small problem trying to get my 24" into my 20" fuge in my 26" cabinet space and having any room to move around. Has nothing to do with the probe just my space requirements fro the 250 cabinet. Looking forward to mine getting here!

tnwillia

Hey Eddie. Not a big project or difficult requirements, just some added work & fun for the holidays. Thanks!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey Tom, looking forward to seeing your mantis in his new home. I have been looking at getting a small tank for my daughter but as usual, you can't get the JBJ or BC over here. I was after something in the 30 litre range. Do you think a skimmer would be required for a tank this size?

reeferman

hey Tom,i have had both tanks and i really like both of them.imo,the jbj has a slightly better filtration setup with the filter basket,similar to Stevie Ts.i couldnt grow much more than softies in either one of them.i didnt run a skimmer on either one either,just 5 gal wc every week.im currently running the jbj as my frag tank skimmerless[no fish though].good luck and i think you cant go wrong either way.oh yeah,the jbj has an open "sump" and the biocubes hood covers the whole top cutting down on evaporation.

Max250

I'd love a little house on a island like that :) Tom, have you got that link of your tank video.. you posted a few weeks back [EDIT - Found it on photobucket]

tnwillia

A nice place to visit. Lunch at the bottom of the steps & a 360 degree view of your very large tank! It was a good picture. Thanks!