Tok's RSM 250

Tokalosh

Just BEAUTIFUL ! ! !

Thanks Jeff

Tanks looking amazing :)

Cheers David

Great vid - tanks looking brilliant !

Thanks mate

Thanks for your post. Can you give more information on the light, manufacturer, where you purchased it. Sounds like a great idea I would like to try.

Great photos too :)

Thanks mate, the lamp is made by Arcadia

Arcadia the leaders in pet-care lighting technology - High Power Underwater LED Spotlight

Hope this helps

Tok

Tokalosh

A pic of the LED spot at work.....

IMG_4296_zps9d487be1.jpg

Tok

Shrimp of pain

Tok...

You have an amazing tank. Hopefully I will be there one day. Do you get any bleed through of the light through the back panel when the lights are out?

Thanks
Brian

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tokalosh

Tok...

You have an amazing tank. Hopefully I will be there one day. Do you get any bleed through of the light through the back panel when the lights are out?

Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian, I'm sure your will accomplish this goal in no time. I'm glad I could be of some inspiration to you.

There is a little overspill from the light but you would be hard pressed to notice it.
The media rack also has one black side that also stops any over spill from the light.

Hope this helps

Tok

nicola1on1

Tok, hope you don't mind me asking but on your second photo showing the light what filter medium due you have next to it? Where the stock fine filter used to be.
Thanks
Nicola

Tokalosh

Tok, hope you don't mind me asking but on your second photo showing the light what filter medium due you have next to it? Where the stock fine filter used to be.
Thanks
Nicola

Hi Nicola

The filter medium I'm using is this.....

08486af501ee1ede48635c521d1ba4ab.jpg

They fit perfectly in the filter carrier minus the second part that sandwiches the floss in place and it is easy to rinse out.
When I do major tanks maintenance I use the Fluval +4 floss. This I dont rinse but ditch after it becomes clogged.

Tok

alfaman

Wow, I use one of those Arcadia lights in my DT to add flickering to the sand bed, it's stuck to the right hand side of the light lens and is on a timer, looks like natural moon light when on.

I also have the same media rack as Tok but I use a D&D nano glo led, it's just 4w consumption with next to no heat and comes on via a timer 5 mins before DT light go off and stays on for 5 mins after DT main light come on keeping the possible swing in PH to a minimum. I tested my tank PH after DT lights were off for 4 hours and PH was still 8.2.

The nano is £45 online and grows cheato brilliantly as its the right temperature 6500k perfect for algae growth. It also fits the RSM 250 chamber perfectly as if it was made for it. It just rest on the tope of the media rack and bracket of my deltec.

NANO-GLO Refugium LED | The Aquarium Solution

Light Housing DIMS: 3.25” x 0.75”x 5”
Inside Magnet DIMS: 3.25” x 0.75”x1.75”
Light Output: 70 Lumens per LED
Kelvin: 6500K Daylight
Power: 4 x 1 Watt LEDs

BTW cheato growing like mad currently. Tang isn't going hungry.

Tokalosh

Happy New Year!!

This morning I was up bright and early and did a water change on the tank.
I also pruned my cheato back.....

Before...

IMG_2762_zps79a488c3.jpg

After...

IMG_2763_zpsc95c0864.jpg

I chopped up some cheato into bite size pices and fed then to the tangs who devoured it in no time.

Tok

nicola1on1

Thanks Tok. Your cheto is really growing well. I ditched mine as it was tending to fragment and bits ended up in the left compartment. I have also changed to using no pox from red sea along with reef energy and will see if this has any effect on nitrate and phosphate levels. They are currently 0.04 phosphate and 1.0 nitrate after one month.

alfaman

Lol I have given up on Nopox and switching to cheato. I did nopox for approx two years now. Never gets shot of phospate but nitrate gets to zero and you have to almost stop dosing, it's a vicious circle. Seems to work at first but....

I wish you all the best with it.

Ian

Tokalosh

Today we took a drive to H2O Aquatics in a small town called Brentwood.

Although the shop was rather small it was well stocked with livestock and hardware.

I could not help myself and had to buy this gorgeous Silver Gorgonian......

IMG_4306_zps1cc055d7.jpg

IMG_4309_zps0a3d7edd.jpg

and after introducing four of these BIG guy's last week I can report that all traces of GHA are gone.

IMG_4304_zps520c9abe.jpg

IMG_4308_zps779e321b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Tok

Tokalosh

It took me 8 hours to fill a 25 liter drum with RO water and this annoyed my other half as I took up the sink doing so.

I had this for 5 years and although it did it's job well, it was so SLOW!!

I could not take it any more....

IMG_2769_zps180eecca.jpg

Yesterday I installed this and I can now fill a 25 liter drum in just over an hour, what a difference this has made.
This is my new 4 stage, boosted 150 GPD with TDS meter RO unit!!!

IMG_2767_zps799e3e03.jpg

Tok

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Nice upgrade - you should be able to make like 5 gallon in around somewhere around 45 mins now, depending on your water pressure & outside temps :)

Tokalosh

Hey Tok
Gorgeous gorgonia is it photosynthetic?
Where you get the RO unit from?

Indeed it is mjs1981, and it is doing really well after just one week.

The RO I got though jimbo at £190.00 new.

I'm still thinking of things to fill with RO water it's so fast I still cant believe it, and my whiskey has never tasted so good.

Tok