Toadstool problem

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Robs right. Pour a cold one n admire ur work.

.............stay thirsty my friend.

eric w

results.jpg

here are my results....I have always got a hit of phosphate since the start of my tank....the API (my first kit) always was the lowest reading 0.25...my red sea kit has been showing me 0.10....also my ro/di shows the 0.10 from my red sea kit...could this be my issue??

dmatt88

View attachment 23445

here are my results....I have always got a hit of phosphate since the start of my tank....the API (my first kit) always was the lowest reading 0.25...my red sea kit has been showing me 0.10....also my ro/di shows the 0.10 from my red sea kit...could this be my issue??

Yea

eric w

I have 2 new reactors.. What is the best gfo and what type of flow are looking at.. Also I'm going to the lfs.. What can I use as a stop gap??

dmatt88

I have 2 new reactors.. What is the best gfo and what type of flow are looking at.. Also I'm going to the lfs.. What can I use as a stop gap??

I'm a stockbroker so stopgap means something different to me.

eric w

Thanks.. Well I bought 2 new Cpe to add tonite.. Based on my levels should that keep those levels in check until I can do some wrenching ??

steved13

PREMIUM
The only way you'll know is to try it and monitor the results. CPE has some GFO in it.

I'd be more suspicious of the white particles floating around than the Phosphate.

eric w

yeah me too...trust me i have been messing with it for a while...thanks for everyones help..the cpe is in and i will test for phosphate in the morning...

Snowman

Eric,
Your toadstool looks like its going through the exact thing mine just went through. It took mine about 6 days to finally open, but that doesn't mean they all take the same amount of time. Like everyone said, if it still feels firm you should be ok. Today mine finally opened all the way, I'm going to try and get a pic of it up later on today. I would just sit back and take in all the advice these guys have given you from my experience they seem to know what they are talking about.

Mike

Snowman

Eric,
Your toadstool looks like its going through the exact thing mine just went through. It took mine about 6 days to finally open, but that doesn't mean they all take the same amount of time. Like everyone said, if it still feels firm you should be ok. Today mine finally opened all the way, I'm going to try and get a pic of it up later on today. I would just sit back and take in all the advice these guys have given you from my experience they seem to know what they are talking about.

Mike

Snowman

URL=http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o515/Mmerc28/Tank/?action=view&current=DSC_3479.jpg]
th_DSC_3479.jpg
[/URL]

LATEST PIC OF TOADSTOOL

eric w

Thanks all.. Well I took my phosphate reading with two kits.. API and red sea... I took DT, fresh mix salt, and from a arrowhead bottle of water..

All 3 of the red sea results look like the second color..lime green....with a reading of 0.10

All three of the API results looked mostly like the second color as well... Greyish .. With a reading of 0.25...But the arrowhead sample was still a little more yellow which is 0.0

So a few questions do I have phosphate?? Based on what I saw no.. But not sure ...

Will the tests work on the fresh water.. The arrowhead...

Last how are the Hanna checkers or what other test kits are good for phosphate...