Tli rsm 500

DaddyTLi

I'm going to try exactly with my Reef Angel as well. All circulation pumps will be on 1 power strip, that will connect to one output on the RA. Can't see any reason to control the power individually, but I will definitely control the wave patterns individually for the WP-40 with the RA, with automatic wave patterns different time of the day.

I will try and gut the power drawer, but I'm hesitating a bit.....

I wouldn't gut it. Is just the right side of the drawer that Nob35 removed the power strip and control switches. Could RA fit on one side?

Tom

Choff

In case you have not played with it yet each stock power strip is held in place by 4 screws. Then they just slide right out. Very easy to pull them in and out if you change your mind.

...stupid auto correct

Wolffman64

It's a real struggle to fit everything in, and I have no use for any of the stock stuff in the drawer, so I have to gut it. I discovered yesterday that it's pretty good to disconnect external power before you put your hand in there, got a big electrical shock from an exposed wire by the switches in the box..... :doh::banghead:

DaddyTLi

...I discovered yesterday that it's pretty good to disconnect external power before you put your hand in there, got a big electrical shock from an exposed wire by the switches in the box..... :doh::banghead:

Ouch. That was a "shock". They use 220 volts down under? Thanks for the tip.

Tom

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DaddyTLi

The dual media reactor is not working as I thought. I have a dedicated pump for these reactors. But I notice the output flow decrease over time. Anyone have this problem? I clean it not long ago and after a week, bam, low flow. I purchased the SpectraPure's dual reactor.

Tom

Newjack

The dual media reactor is not working as I thought. I have a dedicated pump for these reactors. But I notice the output flow decrease over time. Anyone have this problem? I clean it not long ago and after a week, bam, low flow. I purchased the SpectraPure's dual reactor.

Tom

what pump model is it?

Nob35

I have the same reactor and have had the same problem with GFO. I believe it gets compacted over time and does not let water flow. I only use it for carbon now. I run GFO in a innovative marine minimax media reactor now and have less problems.

DaddyTLi

I made linguine with red clam sauce this weekend. The little neck clams was small and I decided to put one in the tank. The clam opened up in about 1/2 hour. In the morning the clam dug down the sand-bed.

Tom

Wolffman64

I made linguine with red clam sauce this weekend. The little neck clams was small and I decided to put one in the tank. The clam opened up in about 1/2 hour. In the morning the clam dug down the sand-bed.

Tom

Where in the tank did you put the linguine? I will try this with my Bolognese next time as well.....

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM

Tom

That's awesome!

DaddyTLi

Ok... The family is heading out for the week. No tank sitter this time. So I purchased a slim 1.5 gal liquid container to route the skimmer's waste. It only cost $5 at walmart.

Tom

DaddyTLi

How did the week without a tank sitter work out? Hope all is well :thumbup:
Yep, all is well. Maybe a 1/4 full.

The strange thing is my second glider goby disappeared. The two were getting big and "happy". a couple of weeks before vacation, the first one disappeared. Then after I return from vacation, the second one is gone. I thought maybe they are hiding in the pvc pipe home. But the I notice the firefish goby has taken over the pipe, which mean the glider's are not in there. I had them almost since the tank started. :cry1: What are life expectancy of fishes?

Tom

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Tom, fishes are strange and frustrating at times. Last week I was overjoyed when a fish I thought was missing reappeared after a month plus of hiding. This week I'm gutted that middas blenny to a leap of faith and found the algae is not greener on the other side of the glass.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
sorry to hear... :( hope they are just hiding and re-appear some fish live a long time I believe RS member paulb has a clownfish that is over 20 years old

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Sorry you have fish missing :(
How do you feel about replacing them after a given amount of time?