TJD's RSM 250

Dorgs2

Tank is up and running as of last night. "Specs" and pictures coming soon....

Couple of questions:

1) The minimum water gage on the tank seems to fluctuate quite a bit even with the skimmer in a constant position. Could this be due to the MP10 being in reef crest / lagoon mode?

2) I'm getting a 1.024 reading on the Red Sea submergible swing-arm and a 1.026 on my portable refractometer. I've been using the portable with my Nano-Cube for almost 2 years now and trust it. I guess after all this babbling, I'm wanting to know how reliable is the Red Sea swing arm?

Thanks for all the support,

Todd

tnwillia

Hey tod, trust your refractometer, swing arm is last resort. Guessing the water gauge is showing evaporation. You need to top off to keep that water level stable. WTO is the better way to fix it. Have fun with your tank!

Dorgs2

"The White Pearl's" reactor really intrigued me so I did a little research and purchased the GFO/Carbon Reactor from BFS and put Sea Gel in it. Anyways, I hooked it up while the tank was still dry and THOUGHT that every joint in the plumbing was tight but alas, water went everywhere :grind:.....live and learn.

Did a little troubleshooting...tightened up the culprit and now it's running smooth. It sounds silly to say this, but I love the agitation/movement of the Sea Gel in the chamber.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The reactor action is at least something to watch LOL! When I first set mine up I liked to watch the undissolvable precipitate from my first sw makeup swirl around the bare bottom of the tank. :)

Dorgs2

Dorgs2

Thanks Glenn. So far so good. Thinking about adding a couple of more pieces of LR from my Nano Cube then it'll be complete (in my eyes) from a aquascape perspective.