Tiny Weird frag pic

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Took a pic with the magnifying glass whats your guess? actual size pencil eraser

Last edited:

Cassette87

I don't have much experience here, but just from what i've seen, id say it looks like a hammer or bubble coral...

saltwaterfarm

With a yellow dot on the tips... Id lean towards the euphyllias. It looks kinda like a frogspawn too. But, with it being SOO tiny... it is hard to tell. I think the froggy, or hammer is the most likely. Again, no expert though...

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I have 2 different FrogSpawn here in my office tank and if you look sideways, close one eye and squint with the other it does look exactly like the pic you posted bro! :lol:

seriously, I think that's a reasonable guess as to what it is.... are you SURE you can't frag it yet? :LOL:

Allen

Cassette87

I get first frag because i guessed first hehe :) keep us posted on its progress!

looks like this:

HammerCoral225.jpg

Scientific Name: Euphylla ancora
Classification: LPS
Common Name: Hammer Coral, Anchor Coral

Description:
Forms fairly large colonies. Skeletons grow in a meandering fashion. Polyps have long tubular tentacles with Hammer, anchor or T-shaped tips. Color is usually orange, with lighter colored edges to the tips of the polyps. Similar to and related to Torch Coral and Frogspawn coral. Can be differentiated by the anchor or T-shape of the end of the tentacles.

Veron: Colonies may form a continuous cover over the substrate many meters across although individual colonies are seldom over one meter across. Colonies have the same skeletal structure as Euphyllia divisa. Polyps have large tubular tentacles with few or no branchlets but with anchor, hammer or T-shaped tips. Color is blue-gray to orange, usually with pale cream or green outer borders to the tentacles.

Natural Environment:
Veron: Large colonies are usually found in shallow environments exposed to moderate wave action. Seldom common, but may be a dominate species on protected horizontal substrates and on rocky outcrops in high latitude locations.

Care:
Hardiness: Hammer coral is fairly hardy once established in the aquarium

Lighting: Requires moderate to strong lighting.

Water Current: Hammer corals prefer low to moderate water motion.

Temperature: Does well within a range of at least 75º to 84º F

Aggressiveness: High. Hammer coral can expand considerably from its skeleton and has sweeper tentacles that are up to 2" longer than normal tentacles that can sting neighbors. Hammer corals grow fairly quickly and to a large size, so they do best in larger reef tanks. They can be kept in contact with others in the same family such as frogspawn coral.

Feeding: Hammer coral is photosynthetic and does not need to be directly fed, but will take small meaty foods that are offered.

Supplements: Maintaining correct calcium levels is important for skeletal development

Tank Positioning: Best positioning is a low to moderate water flow area where it has room to expand and grow.

(above taken from here)

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
It's a very agressive, fish eating alien coral beamed down to your tank from another galaxy. When it gets big enought to say "Feed me!", it's time to get rid of it! Oh, by the way, it likes blood!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Punked again. LOL you guys, it actually came from one of the moon rocks I got, it has a very very faint and tiny voice, it calls to me, "Take Me To Your Leader" we come in peace