This thing ate a snail, what is it???

foots

Hello everyone, this came on a piece of rock and last nite I saw it eat a snail. Any idea as to what it is, so I can better care for it e.g. feed it. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1749.JPG
    IMG_1749.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_1753.JPG
    IMG_1753.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 164

DesertOrchid

To begin with I thought it was a ricordia but looks more like an anemone of some sort but I've never heard of one eating a snail! That bugger must have been starvin! *L* Escargot! Sorry I can't indentify exactly. I'm sure some one will come along soon that can let you know exactly what it is.

catran

Yeah, kinda looked like a nem to me too. Needs a larger pic though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Light bulb anemone, not really classified as of yet, Florida rock seems to show some now and then, not as bad as aiptasia or majano but will spread slowly, keep them,grow them, make a few bucks lol

DesertOrchid

Hey Sas! I looked this up since I've not heard of such a creature as a lightbulb anem..... doesn't quite look like the above picture as it has no banding around the tentacles. They look more like a aip or maj. Could it possibly be a baby bubble tip anem?? If so what a find!

Light bulb anemone, not really classified as of yet, Florida rock seems to show some now and then, not as bad as aiptasia or majano but will spread slowly, keep them,grow them, make a few bucks lol

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hey Sas! I looked this up since I've not heard of such a creature as a lightbulb anem..... doesn't quite look like the above picture as it has no banding around the tentacles. They look more like a aip or maj. Could it possibly be a baby bubble tip anem?? If so what a find!

nobody said anything about me having to be correct, I get paid by the post (insert chuckle here haha) there was a pic on another site that looked very similar, at first I thought majano but it looked to refined Majano's always look kind of clubish to me, so once again I concede to your utter awesomeness and lean towards a baby BTA, crawling away now, ouch,ouch

DesertOrchid

nobody said anything about me having to be correct, I get paid by the post (insert chuckle here haha) there was a pic on another site that looked very similar, at first I thought majano but it looked to refined Majano's always look kind of clubish to me, so once again I concede to your utter awesomeness and lean towards a baby BTA, crawling away now, ouch,ouch

Hey Sas how did you end up on the payroll??!! *L* I want in!! " Utter awesomeness"....aawwwwwww you are too kind sir. LOLOLOLO!!!

foots

Hey thanks for the info guys.. Someone from another site said it's a Pseudocorynactis nem and after looking that up online I would have to agree. Here are more pics and some of the same but larger at my photobucket link. Thanks

Pictures by foots222 - Photobucket

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hey Sas how did you end up on the payroll??!! *L* I want in!! " Utter awesomeness"....aawwwwwww you are too kind sir. LOLOLOLO!!!
DUH! are you a member of Local 666 Forum Posters Union? I can get ya in but the hazing is pure torture, ps, you should know by now I call's um the way I see's um

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
IMG_1771.jpg

Tru2nr

Look at the size of the mouth on that baby. It's half the size of the anemone. Ouch!

whats scary is the thing is like a snake...pulled this off of his PB link....when he said it ate the snail...he wasn't kidding it took half of the shell into the body

IMG_1749.jpg