The Tucker's Red Sea 650

Choff

Why would you need the rsm in your new house? I'm sure you designed a Beauty of a 300 gallon in wall tank with adjoining fish sump room. The 650 would just be greedy :)

Lol. I wish. We are actually considering getting out and doing a koi pond. Force us outside. I'm also scared to put the tank on our hand scraped solid wood floors. Lol

Wolffman64

Lol. I wish. We are actually considering getting out and doing a koi pond. Force us outside. I'm also scared to put the tank on our hand scraped solid wood floors. Lol
I have my 500 on expensive polished wood floors. Just put a 10 mm thick (about 1/2") plywood sheet under the tank and you are sorted. No excuse. Next one! :contract::poke::makefun:

Problem with putting anything under the tank is if you ever have a spill, it doesn't allow for drying. The moisture gets trapped under the plywood. We have ours on bamboo floors. I'm scared to see what it looks like under it. Lol

I will say that the big tank has been easy to clean. Pump and dump. We pump 25-30 out once a week into the kitchen sink. Then pump out of a trash can into the tank. Takes about 15 minutes total. Never clean the glass.

Wolffman64

I know what you mean! I always have towels on the floor in front of the tank when I do anything with the tank, so that spillage is usually not a problem. My main spillage is when I fill the ATO tank in the back from my jerry can. Always manage to miss the @#$%^^& hole...

We made the decision today to keep our Red Sea when we move. Does 125 an hour seem reasonable to bag everything up, move it to the new site, set it up completely...rock, fish, corals, everything? He estimates that it would probably take 5-6 hours.

Choff

How many guys doing the work? I would expect 4 guys so that price seems reasonable.

Some questions you may have already asked. When does the clock start ? When they leave the shop or show up at your house? How much water will they move with it? How far is the drive?

Glad you are keeping it.

We would have to work out the details. I assume the clock starts when they leave. They will have about 40 minutes to our house. About 35 to the new house from there. He said they will move as much as they can. Said they do everything. Aqua scape to. To me spending 700 bucks to not have to move it sounds like a good deal lol.

Choff

I couldn't agree more. Moving is stressful enough. Add in that if you had the moving company do it there is greater risk they damage it.

We are gradually moving livestock from our frag tank to the display tank and our tank at school. I have a breeder that wants to buy our black stubby clowns. Hoping to have the frag tank taken down by the em of the week. We are tired of dealing with people. They tell you they want to buy something. Set the time they want to come and them never show up. It's a beating. So I'm getting out of the fragging business.