The Sanctuary

kathywithbirds

...best connective tissue gum grafts ...

ew.

... and Mike has been surfing all over, especially the nano reef forums, and boy, some of them are nasty!!! There are some really good ideas on the nano setups with pics to get info from (knowledge from any source is never bad) but I just wouldn't deal with some of those people!!!

RS is the best!!

dobejazz

Not all other forums are bad (just most :) ) It is unfortunate though that so many other forums have an elitist holier than thou attitude because they do have alot of information.

RS is a great forum and what makes it great is it's members and the awesome Staff

Last edited:

Frankie

RS STAFF
LOL! That would be Witfull for sure :)

Who's Witfull? :wit: :zzz: :dunno:
I surfed this forum for a long time before i joined. I found it to be the best group of friendly people willing to find the answers for most of the silliest questions out there and joined up. I had a ton of them! I still stay in touch and post on other forums and still learn a lot from them but this one has aways been special to me and i care about you all very much. Keep up the great work fellow reefers!

cioutlaw

I agree with all the posts so far. Great people with a wealth of knowlege & willing to share it. I dont know of a place that is more noobie friendly.

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I actually have a BS in biology, concentrated in marine bio and conservation, interned for a public aquarium as well as worked on the retail side for a while, now I work for a filter manufacturer.
I don't consider myself a biologist, and I'm defiantly not in the profession but I have had the opportunity to learn from some of the top coral reef biologist and marine aquaculturists in the field.
Not many of them know how to take care of a reef tank though :)
I've learned way more about how to take care of reef tank from chemists than anyone else :D

The man with the answers jk. That is really cool as Vicki will attest to I have an extreme addiction to sharks. I think they are the most unique creatures on the planet well ok next to women :whstlr:

mps9506

The man with the answers jk. That is really cool as Vicki will attest to I have an extreme addiction to sharks. I think they are the most unique creatures on the planet well ok next to women :whstlr:

I never really got into sharks too much. One of my good buddies went to South Africa and worked with Great Whites for a semester, he is doing shark research in South Florida now. Another friend is studying nurse shark breeding behavior. My only experience with them is seeing them when I go surfing and taking care of some bonnetheads at the aquarium.
I like my acros :)

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I would love to see those pics of South africa as well as florida I just gave a Nurse & a lemon to Sea Word San Diego a few months ago

bluespotjawfish

Wow, this thread is long and we all know why...RS is a great place to just hang out with friends and learn something new along the way each day!

Triggerjay

I want to thank Travis for giving us this place. I am also a member of a couple other forums, and frequent this one the most due to the great attitudes of the members. Thanks everyone, for giving me a place to learn, have fun, and kill time! Until recently, I have avoided giving advise, partially due to the fact I myself was basically a newbie, knowing very little, and in the short time I have been here, learned a lot... enough to try to help others, and I owe it all to RS. Thanks!

Jason

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I want to thank Travis for giving us this place. I am also a member of a couple other forums, and frequent this one the most due to the great attitudes of the members. Thanks everyone, for giving me a place to learn, have fun, and kill time! Until recently, I have avoided giving advise, partially due to the fact I myself was basically a newbie, knowing very little, and in the short time I have been here, learned a lot... enough to try to help others, and I owe it all to RS. Thanks!

Jason

A thought if you have advise aka something you have done & it works it might just work for someone else

Rs is the best place i have ever found on the internet...i wish i had you guys closer to me...the world and lif ewould be kinder...
tahnk you! you all 2day was the worst day i ever had have and the 1st place i want to go was here to just excape it for a second.....who ever you ppl really are I love you guys for nuthing more then being yourselves...kind gental honest and good hearted ppl- everytone should have a reef- maybe the world would change and i wouldnt hurt so much now.....

goldenmean

Gosh we love us.

I posted this poem in my reef chronicle but it seems
appropriate here too:

I am a link in Amida Buddha's golden chain of love
that stretches around the world.
I must keep my link bright and strong.

I will try to be kind and gentle to every living thing
and protect all who are weaker than myself.

I will try to think pure and beautiful thoughts,
To say pure and beautiful words,
And to do pure and beautiful deeds,
knowing that on what I do now, depends
not only my happiness or unhappiness
but also those of others.

May every link in Amida Buddha's golden chain of love
Become bright and strong,
and may we all attain Perfect Peace.

~Namu Amida Butsu

Last edited:

lcstorc

It is appropriate anywhere. :)
But seriously does seem very appropriate for RS. I think that is why I love this place so much.
:)

DrHank

I honestly don't know how I came across RS (possibly a search engine). I will say that it is without a doubt my favorite site. I think that it's because everyone tries to treat each other with the same respect that we would like ourselves. There is so much knowledge and folks aren't reluctant to help one another. There is a sincere attitude of helpfulness and a very strong concern for the feelings of others.

Although I am involved, to a lesser extent, in several other sites, this just feels like home. Thank you all for making this a place to come home to.