The Revival of KLR's Red Sea Max 250!!!

K L R

I have had this tank for a little longer than a year and it has had some hard times. The first issue was a crash caused by ALK instability. I fixed that and then I had an algae outbreak. I am now restocking the tank because I have these issues under control.

Fish livestock:
Yellow Coris Wrasse
Tri-Color Fairy Wrasse
Vlamingi Tang
Lawnmower Blenny
Grade B Picasso Clown
SA Misbar Onyx Clown
Green Clown Goby

Invert livestock:
Long Spine Sea Urchin
5 Turbo Snails
Roughly 15 crabs (Scarlet reef, left handed sebra stripe, and blue leg)

Here are some pictures of some of the corals in the tank:
Acropora.jpg

Chalices.jpg

Chalices_2.jpg

Chalices_1.jpg

AABCorals_4.jpg

AABCorals_3.jpg

ACorals1.jpg

ACorals1_3.jpg

ACorals1_1.jpg

ACorals.jpg

black2012

That is gorgeous - very jealous. Are you running stock lighting? Looks more blue. I'd love to know what bulb combo you are running.

K L R

Thank you.
I am still using the stock lighting fixture.
I run this combo:
4 ATI Blue Plus
1 ATI Aquablue Special
1 Fiji Purple

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Wow! You have some MAD coral skills and coupled with some PSICK photography skills too I must say!!

K L R

Wow! You have some MAD coral skills and coupled with some PSICK photography skills too I must say!!

Thank you! Patience is a primary key to reef photography imo. But it is very hard to keep while performing reef photography,lol.

black2012

That is a great tank. With that bulb setup, is it really that blue or does it appear less so in person? I like how blue it is.

Also, where do you get your corals?

K L R

Sooooo pretty ! Love the chalices

Thank you! I love the chalices as well, the color and pattern possibilities on them seem to never end!

That is a great tank. With that bulb setup, is it really that blue or does it appear less so in person? I like how blue it is.

Also, where do you get your corals?

Thank you! I use 4 ATI Blue Plus, 1 Fiji purple, 1 ATI Aquablue Special. The tank is cool blue/whitish blue in person.

I get my corals from lots of different places. A lot of the colonies come from LA Divers Den-Here you have to be quick though as the cherry things go within minutes of being posted- and Extreme Corals-which is basically the same situation as DD.

My frags come from multiple online vendors and other collectors in the hobby. Some that I shop at more often than others are World Wide Corals, Addicting Corals, and Jason Fox Signature Corals.