The other BigJay's 90G chronicle

BigJay

Something in my tank killed off a few of my LPS. I lost a favia , one of the 5 candy canes and my acan. It started to take out another favia but I saw it RTN'ing and I dipped it and stopped the RTN in its tracks. Everything else has fully recovered from the bleaching from the light switch and growth has been great.
My yellow watchman goby dissapeared a while ago. Have no idea what happened to it. I did have a minor outbreak of slime algae for about 3 weeks and I think it maybe from the goby dying and polluting the tank.
Beyond that I couldn't be more pleased. Since adding the 6g nano cube as the fuge and so many corals coming in and out the rocks had been stacked and restacked so many times they just started looking like a pile of mess. Getting a ton of corals in this week my wife and I spent many hours re-arranging the tank to a more permanent structure. Heres the pics.

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

BigJay

Jay!

I cant even imagine it when the corals are 5X the size! Will be a sight to see.

yeah I can't wait! I know at some point I am going to have to add a calcium reactor. I have 2 -3 SPS per rock now. LOVING IT!

I didn't respond to Dne63's post either as I had no idea what you were asking.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Oh sorry about that. Not sure how I missed it but I can see where it would be confusing without ALL of the "pieces to da puzzle".

Frankie

RS STAFF
Jay, I would really like to see how that acro is doing you got from me. POST A PICTURE! :D

BigJay

sure thing Frankie. I just moved it down onto a rock the other night. Can't wait to see it grow into a colony. Give me a few hours.

dne63

I would like to apoligize for any offence I commited towards Big Al or anyone else here. I understand I spammed this post or tread, and I am sorry for having done so. I belong to proabaly 10 differant sites and there are many differant rules and edikit at each of them so again I am sorry for having broke any rules here or offending anyone [ especially with my terible spelling]

Frankie

RS STAFF
Your gonna need more then a few hours, that is the slowest growing acro I have! :D
JK ;) I look forward to seeing it. I have a frag that I put under a 250w Giesemann Megachrome Marine 12.5k Bulb
And it completely morphed over to a green/yellow polyp. I am not digging it so will be putting it in the reef under the Radium's again.

BigJay

I've got it at the highest point in my tank. And yeah I noticed its not moving very fast. :) Its ok I got time. I don't plan on fragging out any SPS until I have to.

BigJay

As in my other post about it my watchman that was lost between 1 to 2 months was living my overflow. When he finally made it down to the sump he was put back in the tank. A little roughed up but hes doing very well now.
I lost one of my duncans yesterday. Not sure what happened. It hasn't looked very happy lately but I just picked it up to move it a little bit and the tissue just completely released and the heads died retracted and died almost instantly.
I tried to get a count of my corals too. I am somewhere over 60 different corals in my two tanks now. I tried to take pics of them all but I know I missed some.
I changed some bulbs too my nova extreme pro now has( listed in position front to back).
1. UVL super actinic.
2. ATI aquablue special
3. Giesemann midday
4. ATI aquablue special
5. UVL super actinic
6. ATI aquablue special

Basically all I did was change out my 3 stock actinics for 2 super actinics and 1 midday.
time for the picture bombardment. Going to come in several posts as I am limited to 50 per post :) . These are pics from both of my tanks. There were a couple that were taking in the 6g fuge right as the lights came on so I took another pic later in the day after the corals opened up.

pretty sure this is before the bulb change. The bulb change pic should be in the following post near the bottom
IMG_0941.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

IMG_0945.jpg

IMG_0946.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

BigJay

Its deceiving on brightness due to the fact I am shooting in semi auto. I finally see what settings I need to use to set the camera but unfortunatly I'd have to swap all the bulbs back to retake the pics for true comparisons.
I actually think the tank is somewhat dimmer now. THe superactinics being more purple make the greens really glow but definetly are less bright to the eye then regular actinics. I plan on swapping back out one super actinic for a regular actinic.
The midday helped bring out the reds and greens which tend to blacken a bit under blue lighting.
This is the current set up.

1. UVL super actinic.
2. ATI aquablue special
3. Giesemann midday
4. ATI aquablue special
5. UVL super actinic
6. ATI aquablue special

IMG_1013.jpg

The old set up

1. Current actinic
2. ATI aquablue special
3. current actinic
4. ATI aquablue special
5. current actinic
6. aquablue special

IMG_0941.jpg

heres another pic of the old lighting set up that looks as brite as the new pic
IMG_0767.jpg

BigJay

You'll also notice some hair algae in the tank in some of the pics. Its being dealt with. I got some frags in that had a good quantity of hair algae on them along with briopsis and a few other unfriendly hitchhikers. I expect to see it all gone in the next 4-6 weeks but its annoying for the time being.

Frankie

RS STAFF
IMG_0997.jpg

Great pictures Jay! Now all you need to do is let them grow in. You have a good variety going on.
I can see these two on the right are doing well! I see the encrusting is happening and the color are great. You will be happy with them in a few months when they start to take off. Keep up the good work man!

BigJay

I need to get you a pic of the backside. In one spot they have almost encrusted all the way down over the aqua mend I used to hold them in place.