The Nano is dead. Long Live THE 23!!!

GlassMunky

that furry white hermit is neat lookin. I got a handfull of those glass hermit crab shells made.... you guys still interested?

Uslanja

Hi GlassMunky! We sure are!! We want to be your first!! Customers for the glass shells that is!! PM sent!!

QuentinB

You better not go poking around in her bucket. No Mighty Taco for you!

I can't begin to explain how much this made me smile. Almost as much as the "Naughty Shroom"...

I love the single polyp in the shell! And great pictures, I think Tracy has been holding out on us...

Uslanja

Oh my!!

Last night was cleaning and water change time. We found these two little pieces on the substrate.

IMG_5627_edited-1.jpg

IMG_5619_edited-1.jpg

Uslanja

Tracy has a ton of great photos but she doesn't get around to posting them. Here are a couple of shots of our new Koralia Pico Evo-Mag power head. It is quite small and has the ability to adjust the water flow from 0 - 180 GPH.

IMG_5634_edited-1.jpg

IMG_5633_edited-1.jpg

IMG_5632_edited-1.jpg

IMG_5631_edited-1.jpg

The red cap on the bottom of the power head is the flow control valve. This little power head has increased the flow in a small area. Exactly what we needed.

Uslanja

We have been addressing water quality in both of our tanks through regular scheduled water changes. THE 37 still presents a problem of adding a skimmer due to no room, but THE 23 has the keyhole under the desk that can hold a small sump. So the planning has begun to find a ready made or make our own. We're thinking that its purpose is going to be to house a skimmer and a bio-pellet reactor only so we might just go with a glass aquarium and install a set of baffles on one end for the sole purpose of separating the return pump from any micro bubbles. Any thoughts on the number and placement of baffles? We have an HOB fuge and we are satisfied with that. We are running a Fluval 205 canister for carbon, purigen and polishing. Can anyone think of anything else that we might need the sump for? We have a bit of room under there and we are hoping to add an additional 8 gallons of actual water to the system, the remainder of the space in the sump will be to handle any emergency overflow that might occur from power outages or such. (Sure wish we had a plan for THE 37!!)

Uslanja

Thanks Terry!! We knew someone would point us in the right direction!! Reef Sanctuary really is a Great Place to be!!

glampka

Dave,
We'll talk about sumps over lunch Saturday. I'm custom making mine for the cube. Ordered the glass yesterday - came to around $35. You'll need 3 baffles to set up a good area for any bubbles to break/collect so they don't go back to the DT. I'll be sure to bring paper & crayons!

Uslanja

The daylights went off, the actinics went off and then we fed. A few of the critters grabbing a little chow before shut eye time.

This Vermetid has a big piece of mysis. Not sure how its going to eat it!

IMG_5646_edited-1.jpg

The paly has a good grip on whatever it is eating.

IMG_5643_edited-1.jpg

Even the "Donuts" have caught some tasty little tidbits!

IMG_5642_edited-1.jpg

Poor little torch is waiting with its mouth ready, but nothing so far!

IMG_5641_edited-1.jpg

These guys eat all the time. Here are a few feather dusters that have decided being on the Duncan "Donuts" Trunk is the place to be!

IMG_5635_edited-1.jpg

Uslanja

Hi Gary! Saturday just keeps looking better and better!! Not only some salt water stuff to see, but Mighty Taco and now salt water planning to boot!! Yippee!!! Noon at Mighty on Saturday!!!

QuentinB

Come on guys, how would you like it if someone was taking close up shots of you while you tried to eat?! :D

Great pics though! As always...

Also, can't wait to try this "Mighty Taco"... Must be somethin special...

Uslanja

Hey Quentin! Once you have had a Super Mighty; not only will you begin to drool uncontrollably upon the mere mention of Mighty Taco, but you will begin to plan the logistics of racing back to Buffalo NY just to get one! But take it easy my friend, Mighty Taco is now delivering all over the USA!! Glampka can give you more detail on that than I can. I'm just waiting for the day that they start to deliver to Canada. Along with mail order reef stuff, I'll never need to leave home again!

QuentinB

Lol, if you ever make it out this way(in which case, sorry in advance), we'll have to take you to a place called the Red Pepper... It's indescribable in a way, but one of those places you just have to try. So bad it's good, ya know?

Uslanja

Be carefull! Tracy and I don't shy from a road trip! We'll drive all day just to check out a new salt water store, any excuse to throw the dogs in the back of the pickup and hit the road is good enough for us! Grand Forks is just a days drive!!

QuentinB

Be carefull! Tracy and I don't shy from a road trip! We'll drive all day just to check out a new salt water store, any excuse to throw the dogs in the back of the pickup and hit the road is good enough for us! Grand Forks is just a days drive!!

Hey, I told ya, we're totally up for showing you the area if you ever make it up here! I would just wait for warmer weather, personally...

Will you stop already with all the Mighty Taco talk! I'm getting HUNGRY!!! :cry1:

Mighty Taco, Inc. - Welcome

Okay, I've never had the stuff, and I'm hungry after seeing the pics on there... But I'm stuck in class...

Uslanja

Hhmmmm???? Wonder what I'll be bringing home today? Nothing live anyway!! Tracy and I have always done the salt water stores together, but today I'm going solo. Meeting glampka for a Mighty Taco and finding out what he's doing with his sump build. Hoping to learn a few things to incorporate in our upcoming sump build. Stay tuned for a possible purchase; maybe a 150 phosban reactor for the future sump.