The Journey of S&O globe! - by Sun&Ocean

SunandOcean

Hello RSM reefer!

Recently I adopted a RSM 130, I am very exited to introduce my new S&O Globe!

I would like to take fellow RSM 130 folks input on some of the equipments I intend to acquire(d).
I am planning to start with some softies & LPS and eventually after tank matures will move to SPS.

Lighiting - Ecotech Radion Pro or Vega 52, not decided yet, still looking for folks who did RSM 130 mods for LED fixtures
Skimmer - Tunze 9002 : Acquired
Mediabasket - In tank media basket, for Carbon, GFO & Purigen, not decided yet
ATO - Tunze Osmulator
Dosing - Yet to decide
Flow - (2)Tunze Turbelle Nanostream 6065 or (2)Ecotech MP10W ES

Aquascaping ideas are welcome! Appreciate all the input and stay tuned!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Thanks for starting a tank thread!! Looking forward to following your journey!!

SunandOcean

So I finally made eligibility to post pictures in here! So here we go S&O globe...
snow-globe-largethumb59951221_zpsaa4478e8.jpg

Wait a second that is not it...

Let us try again!

IMG_20130925_201519_949RS_zpsc85c3d01.jpg

Forgive me for the bad Cell phone picture!

Vinegar cycling for 2 full days, will drain and continue the cleaning process...

After which I planning to do a good polish on the glass to remove minor scuffs & scratches.
Should be a busy weekend!

SunandOcean

Quick update:

Salt water: I am planning to use natural sea water, thanks to scripps institution of oceanography, UCSD!
Live Rock: I am inclined to use some rocks from my FOWLR and may speed the cycle process. Still working on ideas on the scaping!
Live Sand: Recently I saw a fellow reefers tank with black sand and I thought it would be cool and the colors of the coral did stand out!

Anyone has black sand tanks that I can view pictures and make up my mind?

I did make up my mind on the lights & flow after a lot of reading! Hopefully it works good for me!

Lighiting - Ecotech Radion Pro, RSM 130 mods for Radion LED fixtures - Just ordered!
Skimmer - Tunze 9002 : Acquired
Mediabasket - In tank media basket, for Carbon, GFO & Purigen, not decided yet
ATO - Tunze Osmulator - Acquired
Dosing - Yet to decide, will be manual until it is too much to handle!
Flow - (2)Ecotech MP10W ES, I am thinking to start with one and add another one later down the line. - Just ordered!

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary and starting a tank thread. Looks like you are well on your way.

SunandOcean

Thanks Greg & Whippetguy!

I have been reading on TUNZE Comline® Wavebox 6208, has good wave motion, wondering if anyone is using it in 130!
The only thing I didnt like is the foot print.

SunandOcean

So I ordered some dimond powder to polish the glass & I am still waiting for it!

Meanwhile got two packages delivered today!

1. Ecotech Radion Pro
2. RSM 130 new upgrade pump!

NewRadionPro_zps16addee6.jpg

NewRSM130returnpump_zps5418ef98.jpg

Into the works now! will finish install tonight!

SunandOcean

Although I had made some progress, I didn't had a chance to update in here.

Update 1:

1. Installed the new sump pump, thanks to Red Sea it moves lot of water.
IMG_20131013_183702_093_zps007fd44e.jpg

2. Got the Radion Pro installed in the hood, but still playing with the configuration.
IMG_20131002_163710_647_zps58f199a7.jpg

Working on the Aquascaping, will update in a short while!

SunandOcean

Update 3:

I did have the rocks in my FOWLR tank's sump for a good week of so. Hence I am hoping the cycle will not take a while.
Added some shrimp to feed ammonia, Now I will wait for a day and test parms tomorrow.

b2e03004-28ed-4003-9603-3c9272928b63_zpsb47991f2.jpg

Soupylou

Beautiful rock design! I nearly went with black sand in my white Red Sea Max tank and opted out at the last minute.

What are you planning to stock?

SunandOcean

Thanks guys!

I saw a fellow reefer tank with a bleeding red apple scoly with a black background, that was amazing. Hence the inspiration!
I am planning on starting with some softies & LPS. Once the params are stablished I wish to add SPS.

SunandOcean

Guys - Any suggestion on a Sand Sifters for the sand bed? I am not sure if a goby or a star fish will survive in this smaller area? am afraid it will starve to death Thanks, appreciate the input!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Tank is looking great and the rockscape is quite creative :) Sounds like you have a plan for the corals too :yup: Once you start the sps addiction it doesn't stop :p I look forward to seeing your tank mature and grow :)