The Bluespot Club

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Lynn, you might want to try hand feeding them or, like I do, feed them with a long pair of tweezers. Don't just let the food go, make them come out and get it from your hand or the tweezers. This tends to tame them.

Spotty, is not frightened of anyone standing at the tank. She will always come out to greet anyone. Of course, they all have their own personality.

lcstorc

Most days I do target feed them and they pop up and grab the food then run back to hide. If I don't immediately release the food to them they will tug a bit to get it free before running away. Usually I make them fight for it a little bit.
The target feeding has become somewhat of a challenge now that I have the small Tomini there. He has figured it out and will go for the tongs with the blue. Moonshine seems to be afraid of him so that really worries me since I am afraid he is not getting enough to eat. Sunshine will open her jaw wide and try to "scare" away the tang.
Moonshine seems afraid of everything except the feeding tongs and occasionally he will even avoid those. So far his weight still looks good but I would love them to be out more to watch them.

bluespotjawfish

I think mine hang in their holes more because of all the activity in the tank. I can't spot feed mine because we get attacked by Mr. Palani. He is one smart cookie.

SeahorseBT

Mine is out all the time and rarely uses his burrow. I think it is because it is such a quiet tank. I only have a pair of clowns, midas benny, and flasher wrasse with him.

BarbMazz

Bam Bam is in his burrow 90% of the time. He will hover above his burrow quite a bit. He goes up about 3 inches above, and I swear he's getting a "look around" of the tank. You know... see what's what in His Kingdom!

SeahorseBT

Sometimes my bluespot sits in my elegance and I was wondering if anybody else has theirs doing this in their tanks with other corals. Here is a pic:
Tanks525.jpg

Tanks518.jpg