The Bluespot Club

vdituri

I assumed you checked the line at the waterslides again?

GPS tracking. Or radioactive isotope him then you can just use a geiger counter on your tank to locate him. I guess a bell on his neck is out of the question?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bluespotjawfish

I think he heard I was going to wrap a bell around his neck! I guess you gota stay full of jokes or it would drive me crazy. He still isn't showing up. I'm sure he is fine, but it drives me crazy.

Lynn - I don't think he likes krill, but loves mysis, so he ate the mysis, and spit out the krill!

Basser1

Lorraine.... You know you better be checkin' your socks again!!

On another subject, I have a question for you blue spot experts. I was on another web-site tonight and someone posted how they have purchased a BS from their LFS. The lfs is going to keep it for a week before the person takes it home. But he posted an interesting question, How do you quarantine a blue spot? Do you add a sand bed? Or do you go with a bare bottom tank with maybe pvc? He stated he wanted to keep it in QT for about 6 weeks because the last fish he bought from this LFS got ich. Any ideas or thoughts?

bluespotjawfish

I found him in his original home! I think he will be fine.

:bluenod: :bluenod: :bluenod: :bluenod: :bluenod: :bluenod:

Basser - I have quarantined a few of these guys. I didn't feel that the bare bottom/PVC worked for them. They don't need a deep sand bed in the QT tank, but some sand and a rock or two is appreciated. However, if you need to medicate all of these have to be removed. So, if he is purchasing a healthy Bluespot (which I would do nothing but), and he only anticipates watching it, then I would add some sand and a rock or two. If he is purchasing a sick one (though I don't know why he would), then eliminate the sand/rock and stick with PVC until medication treatment is complete. In the QT, I would keep the temp and salinity on the low end. Hope this helps.

bluespotjawfish

Well BJ is back in his original hole. He has been busy today fixin' the place up. Looks like he has a minor injury. What do you think?

Attachments

• P1070579_edited.JPG
    P1070579_edited.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 32
  • P1070580_edited-sm.JPG
    P1070580_edited-sm.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 33
  • P1070578_edited-sm.JPG
    P1070578_edited-sm.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 33

Gina

RS STAFF
Finally!
Are you talking about the red area on his fin?
Could possibly be an injury. Did he have it after the sock incidence?
He doesn't look any worse for wear though.

bluespotjawfish

Yes, the red area by his fin.

I didn't look at him closely when he was in the sock, but I am guessing he injured in in the sock (probably when he threw his fit that I was making him get out of the sock.

Color is good, he is calm...I should feed him...

Basser1

Keep your water params good and feed him well and he should be fine. But..... You don't need me to tell you that, right?

lcstorc

So glad to hear he is back home.
Just like a teenager to run off and get into trouble. Now he is back so mommy can take care of him. :)