The Bluespot Club

oh goodness Lorraine, as I was told, it's not nice to play hide and seek and scare the mom like that. I sure hope BJ is doing just that though, hiding ... here's some karma in hopes you find him soon.

tbittner

The video is too funny, at the end it's like "is that all there is?" It doesn't look like she will starve!

Congrats on the name!

I agree with Lorraine! That fish has a tremendous appetite. It's really funny at the end when Pebbles looked around like "Did I miss any?". Or more like she is saying "Next time, dump it in BACK THERE so it ALL floats by me!". :lol:

bluespotjawfish

Still no sign today. The cuc is still in the vicinity though and it is new to the tank, so it may be intimidating him. Or, he could have a different hole. He doesn't make a big scene, so he could be tucked in his new hole eating away.

SeahorseBT

Sorry to hear this Lorraine! I hope he has discovered another overflow.Mine has, built two new ones in the last 2 days and I was worried me unmtil I found her peeking out at me asking for food. I hope you find your soon!

bluespotjawfish

I found him. Poor little guy! I had checked my overflow box 10 times, but didn't even think to check my sock on the other end. Thank goodness I did tonight otherwise he could have ended up down the drain in the kitchen sink.

He was sitting in the sock with all the gunk it has collected this past week. He is back in the tank now, but breathing heavy. Hope he will be ok. He found some shelter under a rock near his old place.

He's like saying, what the heck just happened! :columbo:

Basser1

I'd almost bet he wasn't in the tank! Glad you found him. As I said earlier, my blue has found his way in the rear chambers a couple of times and I've had to go on a rescue mission. Once was in the middle of the night. I kept hearing a sloshing sound, didn't think to muck of it since it get noisy when the water level gets low. But something told me to get up and investigate. Sure enough, there he was looking straight up at me in one of the rear chambers!

Keep us posted Lorraine!

corrado007

so glad to hear you found him and he's alright. Hopefully a good night sleep and a nice meal and he'll be back in the game.

bluespotjawfish

Thanks guys! I had moved around a few rocks where I thought he might be hiding (yes he played a very good game of hide and seek), then resorted to more thinking. I never have fish in my overflow, but the fact that I did means the top on the tank worked. Thankgoodness that is where he ended up and not on the floor.

He is still in the same place. Still breathing heavy, but he isn't hiding so I think he is comfortable enough. Lights are out. So, do you think he should have steak and eggs for breakfast?

tbittner

No! Sausage and eggs. Or at least, Bacon and eggs. How about waffles with strawberry jelly and whipped cream?

(oh jeez, now I'm hungry... THANKS!!!)

:lol:

vdituri

I say you stamp his hand and give him unlimited access to the water slides.
It is summer time. Run a special for petes sake. lol

Glad he is o.k. Does he wanna go again? :winner:

bluespotjawfish

Never again his says!

This morning he is tucked under a rock in the corner of the tank. I think he will like this area better. It is much calmer! Where he was before was action center. He isn't breathing heavy this morning and is just hanging out looking at me. I think he will be fine.

Gina

RS STAFF
Yikes!
I'm so happy to hear that you found him and he is doing better today!
I would have been going nuts looking for him!

bluespotjawfish

He is lost again.... I fed breakfast. He ate. Then I came back and he was gone. He is driving me crazy. I think a lot of food settles into the corner and he didn't like that, or the wrasses either.

lcstorc

Glad you found him and were able to get him back in the tank. If he ate for you then that is a great sign. He is just probably gathering his thoughts before re-joining the activity. I think I would need a break after a similar experience. Hopefully he will be back out and his normal self in the next day or two.

That is fantastic you found him Lorraine. I'm so happy to hear that info. Hate that he was in the sock with all the gunk, but I'm sure once you got him in the tank and he calmed down, he's just fine eh? :)