Terry's 450g upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelastmucci

terry...tank looks awesome man...I do have one quesion..and it's not a knock or anything...the way the sand dips in front is that becuase of the CL or is it the way the pumps are placed....just curious.

tbittner

The flow from the CL rearranged the sand like that. Now that it's clearing up enough that I can see what I'm doing, I'll be messing around with the nozzles for the CL and repositioning the flow. Maybe add in some locline wye's and more nozzles to spread the flow around more.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I like the deep sand bed! I say keep it, there are a lot of benefits to a properly maintained DSB.

Interesting photo of the Solaris, it somewhat shows the spread of the LEDs.

Terry, you have a lot of cleaning-up to do around that room. Get off your lazy duff and get it cleaned-up!:lol: No sitting around my friend!:)

tbittner

:smck:

Don't remind me, Scott. :LOL:

Thanks Greg. Me too.

I think Patti has figured out the proper mix of stain for some oak trim that we bought to put around the sides and front/bottom of the tank. It looks nice. It probably won't happen until sometime next week though.

KimPossible

That tank is definitely big enough to handle a DBS with out looking out of balance. The lights look terrific, cant wait to see it again after the sand storm has settled.

tbittner

Yeah Kim, I can't wait for everything to settle out either. I remember Michael had an issue with his water being cloudy and he thought it might be the reef crystals salt. That's what I used this time so I'm wondering....

:smck: and another 5 buckets of it came today :smck:

Yeah Frankie, maybe two or three BSJF. :D

Thats much later though. For now, it's really kind of nice to just sit back and relax. :)

BarbMazz

I vote keep the sand! It's beautiful! I even like the dip in the middle but I realize you'll probably want to rearrange that.

With such a big tank you can recreate such an interesting piece of ocean.. you can get away with a lot!

It's absolutely breath-taking! Can't wait to see it all cleared up.

Altohombre

Looking great. I like the open space in the middle of the tank. Are you planning on having two islands or a rock wall throughout the tank?

tbittner

Thanks Barb. I really like it. Especially now that I can SEE some of it. :lol:

I really like the dip in it too and I'm actually inclined to let the animals rearrange it the way they want it. I know they made a mess of the sand in my 120g. It's stacked up pretty high in some spots and the bottom glass is showing in other spots. So regardless of what we do with it, they will change it around once they're in there.

Altohombre, it's going to look pretty much like you see it now, with a big open space in the middle. We have around 200 lbs of LR with corals on them to move down from the 120g reef when this tank is ready so the wall on the left will be somewhat higher. I think we might scatter a few of the base rocks around in the middle in case a BSJF wants to make a home there. But we'll see once we get to that point. :)

tbittner

Thanks Jen! I can't wait to see life in it though. It's getting closer everyday though. :)

I need to invite Scott (Dentoid) out and feed him burgers and have him help me build a safe top for it so I can get a few BSJF someday. :)

tbittner

I was just chuckling to myself...

I'd forgotten how deep of a burgundy a high nitrIte test result looks. It's been a while. :lol:

tbittner

Thanks Sarah! Hopefully by tomorrow it will be all cleared up, but I'm not holding my breath. :D

We do want to go in and run a turkey baster over all the rocks and blow the sand off. The pretty purple is all covered up now.

vdituri

Looks great Terry & Patti.
I loce it alot!

Keep the DSB.

I could easily see a colony of BSJF sharing tunnels.
Territory disputes are usually about food supply.
More food, less disputes.

I know its not the plan, but I like the dark side of the tank. It's like having daytime and nighttime at the same time. Fish could choose. Maybe they need a nap. Zip on over to the darkside.
:drooool:

tbittner

:lol:

My foxface would love that! He'll be out swimming around and then *BOOM* he is leaning up against a rock, turned to black and white stripes, and is taking a nap. Someone always picks on him though and wakes him up. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.