Terry's 450g upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbittner

And then a busy reef shot. They're waiting for food, of course. :lol:
DSC_4198.jpg

BarbMazz

HIIII Patti! Boy, the tank looks really nice!
Terry, how are your anthias eating? They look gorgeous so I'm assuming they're eating just fine.
Everything looks very happy! Good job!

tbittner

Thanks Barb. The anthias are PIGS! They eat Mysis, flake, pellet, and bits of seaweed that gets torn off of the sheet by the bigger fish. So they eat pretty much everything. They see us coming and they follow us around looking for food. We feed three times a day and they're all getting food and eating. They have to be FAST in this tank though. :lol:

Thanks CMG. Even with all the fish, we're still under the 5" per gallon "rule". And that doesn't include the 300g sump/fuge/skimmer tub. It is indeed a busy tank though. :lol:

okiejaco

The tank look awesome. It must be nice to just sit in front of it and watch the show. And it is only going to get better with age.

tbittner

Thanks everyone. Yeah Kathy, the anthias can really move if they want to. Such as when food hits the water. They hold their own, even against the tangs.

Okiejaco, that's right! Now it's time to simply keep up on water changes and let the tank, and the DSB, mature and take over the hard work for me. :D

althea2you

looks awesome terry!!! wow! i LOVE the school of anthias! and i see you got your achilles!? how is he eating? where did you get him from?

tbittner

Hi Sarah,

The achilles is doing really well! He is eating pretty much everytime I look at him. He spends the day munching away at the seaweed that I clip on the side of the tank. Our powder blue and powder brown spend a lot of time chasing each other around. We're quite certain it's not aggression because one time, it will be powder blue chasing powder brown, another time it's the other way around. It's like they play Follow the Leader.

We finally managed to catch the foxface that was in the predator tank and we moved it to the 450. The two of them make a really impressive sight, swimming together for the length of the tank. Both of them are BIG! Probably around 8" each. I had to turn the lights out for the night though because it looked like they were starting to get aggressive towards each other. It really surprised me since they always seem to be the most docile fish there is. I'll see what they do in the morning when the lights come back on.

framerguy

Man, that FTS is awesome. I can't get over how many fish you have in such a young tank! It looks amazing. I'll get there one day!

tbittner

Thanks Greg! It's busy, that's for sure. But I had just put food in so almost all the fish were in that 4 foot section. When they're all spread out, it actually doesn't look that busy. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.