TankTails 130 Zeovit Startup

Bobby B

Bobby, I just stuck these light strips to the top of my tank, they come with a two sided sticky tape. Current USA True Lumen Aquatic LED Strips 10" Long 4 x 453 Blue Led (POWER SUPPLY SOLD SEPARATE) - AquaCave

The other light changes I made are at the bottom of my posts. Hope this helps, if you need I will take pictures.

Thanks I'm planning on adding the same LED' to my RSM 130d
Please keep posting updates about your tank

Sencha

Good news and bad new

I quit my job after 4 years of working for an acupuncture college (good news). It was one of the dr's I worked with that introduced me to salt water fish tanks. For good bye present, he brought me over a purple tang ( bad news). We put him in the tank for now, what else is one to do....He is beautiful! My thinking for now...maybe my better half will get so attached he will let me buy a bigger tank:apimp:

Has anyone put the mp 20 in their rsm?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I had an MP20 in my 130 for quite a while, and it did a great job. I just had it turned down. Running an MP10 now.

Sencha

I had an MP20 in my 130 for quite a while, and it did a great job. I just had it turned down. Running an MP10 now.

Can I use the mp10w upgrade kit on the MP20? Why did you switch back to the mp10 Terry? Thank you!

P.S Can you imagine how much time I am going to have for my tank now, heaven!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nope - the only upgrade you can do to an MP20 is to turn it into an MP40. The 20 & 40 parts are the same - a new driver turns an MP20 into a 40, but you can't go the other way (20 to 10)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I switched to an MP10 to get the new ES driver capabilities, but IMO it wasn't really worth it. I should have just saved the money and stayed with the MP20 (MP20 retired for now).

Sencha

Nope - the only upgrade you can do to an MP20 is to turn it into an MP40. The 20 & 40 parts are the same - a new driver turns an MP20 into a 40, but you can't go the other way (20 to 10)

One last question maybe, which do you recommend then?

Sencha

I switched to an MP10 to get the new ES driver capabilities, but IMO it wasn't really worth it. I should have just saved the money and stayed with the MP20 (MP20 retired for now).

Thanks you for your input, did you use the spacer with the mp20?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
the MP10 is the best choice for a 130, since the MP20 is discontinued. But, if youy can get one, the MP20 is still a good one for a 130. Yes - I did use the spacer on my MP20 (but not with the MP10). I've run Reef Crest mode on both.

Sencha

the MP10 is the best choice for a 130, since the MP20 is discontinued. But, if youy can get one, the MP20 is still a good one for a 130. Yes - I did use the spacer on my MP20 (but not with the MP10). I've run Reef Crest mode on both.

I bought one this week, but didn't add to tank yet until I knew more about it, but a lfs here bought some when they were being discontinued.

I wil post pics soon, not a lot of change but some...