Tank cycle

Beach Girl

JJ is right a few pieces of raw deli shrimp buried in the sand will immediately start the cycle and you won't be risking any livestock. It is the best way. and don't fall for the bacteria in a bottle crap at the LFS. Bacteria need food to survive and they aren't getting anything in a sealed bottle.

IXL

Bacteria need food to survive and they aren't getting anything in a sealed bottle.

LMAO ~ anything to make a buck eh Beach gurl?

What if there was live bacteria in that bottle but now they are dead ? & the reason you pouring it in is to feed the one in the tank ~ so the label should read ... " LIVE BACTERIA FOOD " but , it still leaves us with the problem of not having bacteria in the tank :)
Gosh LFS , can yah win one argument?

Sorry , lets get back on track... Yea one piece of shrimp - tie that sucker somewhere if you afraid of burying it

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
JJ is right a few pieces of raw deli shrimp buried in the sand will immediately start the cycle and you won't be risking any livestock. It is the best way. and don't fall for the bacteria in a bottle crap at the LFS. Bacteria need food to survive and they aren't getting anything in a sealed bottle.

Or Live Sand! Gotta love a good gimik :D

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I have only cycled two tanks, both with raw deli shrimp - worked great for me :dance:

I just mushed them up a bit & then started :read: everything on RS I could, with in a month or two... you will be good to go