Talon's 125 gallon Reef (The Rebirth)

Talon33

I don't know why but when I view my thread on my iPhone some of the pictures are upside down. Sorry about that.

Just ordered a BRS 4 stage value plus with all replacement filters included for a $100 so that helped a lot with freeing up some $$

Also two of the four kessil goosenecks came in today. Still waiting on two more with two kessil a150 10k to come in.

As soon as my freshwater fish are gone I need to pull the tank out and repaint the back of the tank. Looks really bad. Also need to do some modifications to the plumbing. Besides that I don't see a reason as to why the tank won't be running in the next 2-3 weeks. Getting excited finally as all the spending was really getting to me! But the RO/DI unit was the last major piece I needed to get the tank running. Of course there will be many upgrades! need some MP40's, Neptune apex, some reactors, upgraded lighting, etc. Seems like there is always something in the hobby that needs upgrading lol

Talon33

I am currently using my back up iPhone 4 until the new iPhone comes out in the fall. I think the newest update the iPhone 4 can have is like iOS 7.1.2

Talon33

Also today two more goosenecks with two Kessil a 150 sky blue came in today for the tank. One of the lights is bluer than the other it seems like? Is one of the white LEDs burned out possibly in the bluer unit??

I got these for a good price used so I am not overly concerned about it if a LED is burned out because they are going to get replaced with the bigger Kessil units anywas. Just curious. I tried to capture it with my phone but my camera can't distinguish the subtle difference.

Talon33

I received my RO/DI unit I got off eBay. Please if you guys can educate me a bit on this unit. I know how they work on a very basic level. On my last BRS unit I just hooked it up to the faucet and simply just made water straight into the buckets. I didn't even have it long enough to change out the filters. It looks like this unit is a value or value plus unit with some upgrades and accessories maybe?

Came with an extra RO membrane, DI resin, and Carbon block I believe and still has filters in it. Looks like I may need a sediment filter? Also came with filter wrench and float valve

TDS looks to be a bit of an upgrade from the stock ones they put on the value plus units

I believe this is a glycerin filled pressure gauge, my last one had an air filled pressure gauge

Is this an automatic shut off valve?

Talon33

Well I have been trying to get some work done on the tank. Progressing slowly but it is progress. I got rid of the freshwater fish and tore the tank apart and started giving the tank a little TLC. The background was looking very aged and not so sharp so I removed it and am currently giving it a fresh coat of paint. I am also going to repaint the inside of the stand white.
Got the sump baffles in place so the sump is now ready for action

Talon33

Tank background is finished. Now for a fresh couple of coats on the inside of the stand and I'll throw that sump under there and start doing some plumbing.

Talon33

Reefbreeders photon w 60 inch. Initially very pleased with this light. Housing is very study. Led layout looks good. Oh yeah and this thing powerful! I had it on messing with it and the fixture at 30% about gave me a sunburn! We will see how it looks on the tank and how corals respond. Only time will tell but definitely better than the 3 Kessil a150s I have in my situation

Talon33

Did a little aquascaping. I am definitely aquasaping challenged. I struggle with making my scape permanent by using epoxies and cements because I don't like it being permanent. I just stack and try to do my best with it. When I did this basic aquascape I did it with a purpose however. I tried not to make it much longer than my 60" photon light. Also took some advice and used about 100 lbs of rock to allow more room for growth and hopefully keep flow circulating well. No rocks resting on the back glass and tried to make minimal contact points with the bottom glass. Also got the tunze osmolator hooked up. Now I just need to fill the tank and test plumbing. I'm going to fill up with RO/DI water and having a leak issue with my unit at the moment so we will see how long this takes

Talon33

Thanks a lot. I have worked my tail off on the tank these last couple of days. I got the reefbreeders light hung above the tank and working on filling the tank with RO/DI water. Going to take awhile lol