Take a look at ReefBuilders April tank of the month

Poormans reefer

WOW!!! These people are out of their minds!!! Mr. Tang has taken it to the next level!!!! Although he may have a point!?!

Tell me your opinion

And do we have a TOTM here????

boozeman

It is a nice reef...sad how the poll there is already devolving into something petty.
We have so many awesome tanks here that TOTM would be hard to vote on...so to level the playing field we have picture of the month. A theme is chosen and everyone from just starting out to advanced reefers are encouraged to submit...and we also have prizes for the winner :thumbup:

Stacef

I think that Picture of the month is a more fair approach.

I believe tank of the month is just a show of who has the most money to spend on their setup. I think it is a very unfair contest.

I have seen Nano's that are absolutely amazing. But in all honesty people are going to vote for the biggest and most elaborate setup over the Nano. It's just an unfair judgment.

With photo of the month, anybody can win, you dont have to have 1000's invested and show it off, just a simple picture of any of your entities can be the winner.

tbittner

Thats true to a point, Stace. A persons picture taking skills have a lot to do with winning too, and of course, a $1,000+ camera and lens.

I DO love looking at the pics though! :thumbup:

rlcline76

I have often found this to be the case.
Months and months ago, there was a TOTM over there, much like we are seeing...all of a sudden Brian (pogodzib) enters his tank. Now that is a tank! I always thought he won unfairly, there was just no way anyone was going up against him.
Nanos, I tried to talk the boys into allowing one month, just for nano nominations just because of pogodzib! Then again, back then, not as many people getting involved in the competition, so maybe it was unrealistic and silly!

SJS

I agree with the photo of the month - really levels the playing field. I wont say any more..

Stacef

Thats true to a point, Stace. A persons picture taking skills have a lot to do with winning too, and of course, a $1,000+ camera and lens.

I DO love looking at the pics though! :thumbup:

You also prove a great point. But, just everyday affordable cameras have Macro now. May not be as amazing as some others, but still stand a better chance.

I just believe first off--this guy is rallying for someone mentioned above. And secondly, The photo of the month is fair....just my opinion!

:winner: :clink:

Frankie

RS STAFF
I think RC has always had an awesome TOTM. There not lined up like a contest. There nominated by members watching the tank build threads and then tallied i believe. I personally like RC's TOTM program and look forward to new ones every month. I have learned a lot from reading them.I personally appreciate people who do a lot of home work and set their tanks up with quality in mind. Most high end tanks took a lot of experience, time and money to create.

rlcline76

I think RC has always had an awesome TOTM. There not lined up like a contest. There nominated by members watching the tank build threads and then tallied i believe. I personally like RC's TOTM program and look forward to new ones every month. I have learned a lot from reading them.I personally appreciate people who do a lot of home work and set their tanks up with quality in mind. Most high end tanks took a lot of experience, time and money to create.

RC gives me much to envy!

Jimw369

WOW!!! These people are out of their minds!!! Mr. Tang has taken it to the next level!!!! Although he may have a point!?!

Tell me your opinion

And do we have a TOTM here????

I am over at RB quite frequently as that is where I got my start. Most of the people that gave me help have left and gone to other sites now. RB is very new and therefore a lot of experience is lacking in some ares over there. Be thankful that we have the people here that make RS what it is.

Mr. Tang never seemed to fit in over there. Dont know why. Everyone I could tell was friendly to him. Maybe with his experience level he would be better finding another place to post pics of his tank. On the other hand I didnt think it was that special. Nice tank just needs to continue adding and learning like the rest of us.

Poormans reefer

yea I agree,, I think RS does have something special. People here do seem to care about others especially noobies. I think Mr. Tang was asking a simple question that got out of hand. Hopefully something like that won't happen here!!

tbittner

I went and looked at all the tanks that were up for vote. Mr. Tangs is probably almost the weakest one of the bunch. Jason L's is the one I liked the best. The Nano is a great tank too.

So why the post "Mr Tang has taken it to the next level"? Are you Mr. Tang? Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice tank but it still has a few years of growth before it's spectacular.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Jgo1973 tank smokes everyone's over there in that contest imo. Personally it's just a bunch of newbs wondering who can piss the furthest. Now heres a TOTM! :D
000_2228_editedSmall.jpg