T. Nguyen's 14G BioCube

Thanks 1Reefer! I was thinking the same thing about the Koi. I was at my uncles house with a 2000G pond in his backyard and i saw a Koi that looks like a Picasso clown! haha

And i have good news!!!

I tried fragging a separate polyp on that zoa and i didnt think it made it but i just left the frag in my tank in hopes that it would open. Well, when i woke up today it was open! It isnt a FULL polyp or i accidentally glued the polyp crooked but i will let it cont. to heal and hopefully grow! All of my other corals are doing GREAT!

i did find 3 aiptasias so i will figure some way to get rid of those guys before they populate.

My clowns are finally starting to explore the tank and seem to be more playful at the glass.

Thats all i got fow now. Pics to follow!

1Reefer

Sounds like your uncle has a pretty cool pond!

Congrats on the successful fraggging! Doesn't it make you feel good to know you can buy a coral/frag now and split it to trade or place in different areas of the tank!

Thanks for the update... can't wait to see more pics!

Here you go!

This is the frag!
DSC00682.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

Toad under my BC actinic
DSC00679.jpg

Frogspawn fully expanded
DSC00689.jpg

Zoas
DSC00690.jpg

hairy mushroom
DSC00691.jpg

Acan
DSC00692.jpg

FTS 4/22/2010
DSC00693.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

Well my xenias started to look bad when i woke up today but they were still pulsating. It looks like they want to "explore" more and i have them placed high and isolated that they cant. The base is torn like it was reaching out for something that wasn't there. I gave in and glued them closer to a rock to they can spread. It seems a little annoyed from the moving and gluing but looks better.

When i woke up today, my cleaner shrimp was on the hunt for food. I saw it digging around some holes in the rocks and it pulled out a bristle worm and ate it! It wasn't dead since it was fighting back and I'm guessing it bit my shrimp because he let it go and jumped back. I never seen him do this before and was wondering if its a regular thing. I tried to snap some pictures but my camera couldn't focus on the worm.

1Reefer

I was worried about my Xenia taking over as well but recently found it "scrapes off the rock fairly easy and then you can glue it to rubble or use the basket n rubble, and trade em for store cred...

Sounds like that'd be cool to watch! I always see my cleaners and peppermints reach into holes in the rocks n stuff but never seen em pull out a Bristle! They can reach wayy in though, I move my glass feeder by my cleaners and they will reach way up inside for the food... its pretty cool to watch...

Well im sad to say when i woke up today my xenia was laying on the sand bed because the glue gel didnt hold it too well i guess. After trying to glue it back my rockwork moved a bit... long story short i wanted my rockscape back to how it was and i had to move everything around. It was a mess! One of my rocks fell on the xenia and now its not looking too good, i dont think its gonna make it. My frogspawn isnt fully open like it normally is but everything else in the tank looks good. The xenia is still pulsing but its almost completely deflated. I hope everything goes back to normal in a day or two.

Update:

Since my little incident i havent touched the tank other than the feeding and cleaning of glass. Everything is back to normal. My xenia stalks have joined together to make one large stalk. I plan on going to the LFS today and see if i can find anything new for my tank. I will snap some pics of my tank later today.

Well i messed up once again... My frogspawn had a Eunice worm on it and i read that those can be bad. I decided to remove it and pissed my frogspawn off and it just melted away to nothing but a skeleton. I bought a new frogspawn to replace the one i killed :cursin: I dont know what type it is exactly but its acclimating now and i will post pics asap. Ive been too lazy to snap pictures so sorry for the last post saying i will. Ill get around to it soon enough.

1Reefer

Lookin good man! I still can't get over those Zoas.. (top right in FTS).. they are amazing! Great looking tank 1of.!

Lookin good man! I still can't get over those Zoas.. (top right in FTS).. they are amazing! Great looking tank 1of.!

Thanks! those are always the first things i look at when i look at my tank. The little 1 polyp frag i did is doing great too. I really hoping it grows out soon.

1Reefer

He will be 4 or 5 polyps before you know it, I got a one polyp Zoa for free from LFS because it was "loose"... but it is now budding new polyps, very cool to watch! Happy reefing!

cool tank i got a 14 gallon too. as for the old frog spawn i think when you removed the worm it did something to the frog spawn and released a poisin or sumthin and thats what made it die. tho i have a bristle worm and some other worm and they do fine with my mushrooms and zoas and look reeeeelycool. happy reefing E.

Well i havent updated in awhile...
But theres nothing too exciting to update.
I bought a peppermint shrimp to take care of my Aiptasia problem and it did exactly that! Get a long just fine with my cleaner shrimp, as a matter of fact, the cleaner stays on top of the rocks and my peppermint stays underneath them.

My toadstool was pouting for a week but after it "shed" it seems to be back to normal.

The Picasso Grade A has jumped in the back chamber a few times now so i put in a order with inTank for the jump guard/shield. I dont see the fish chasing eachother so much anymore too. I hope they pair up soon. The Grade A its kind of showing intrest towards my frogspawn and will hover right above it but hasnt actually gone into it yet.

Lastly, my corals are doing great! except for the trumpet which i cant really get a good grasp on whats wrong with it. All my other corals are growing and looking really happy.

Ill get the glass cleaned up and take a few pictures later.

1Reefer

Great updates 1of! I've missed so much!

What's up with the trumpet? I have two that are doing very well... maybe I can help? They aren't the green but I would imagine requirments are the same..

Great updates 1of! I've missed so much!

What's up with the trumpet? I have two that are doing very well... maybe I can help? They aren't the green but I would imagine requirments are the same..

I dont know! I looked at the pictures from when i first got them and they are so much more plump back then. Now they dont seem to be as plump but havent lost color or anything.

1Reefer

What kind of flow is the Trumpet coral in? Mine seems to like a moderatly strong flow and I have one in low/medium and one in about medium light... I'm sure they would handle more light fine, that's just where I have them.

I sure hope they pull through for you, they are a cool coral...