T. Nguyen's 14G BioCube

Those Zoas at the end are SWEET !! Tank looks great overall really.... I still love your rockscape and would love a pair of clowns. Yours are beautiful.

Looks to me like your Xania is just moving over a little bit and has to move over a "sharp" edge of that peice of LR..... I don't think its anything to worry about.

Keep up the great progress and posting of pics! I'm liking it for sure!

Thanks Reefer! Those are my new favorite zoas. The xenia's stalk plumped back up and look normal again so i guess it didnt want to move just yet. I dont plan on stopping my pictures anytime soon... and should have my new DSLR soon so that just means even more pictures!

You're welcome! You were probably thinking about the bigger ones, Amphipods which are also good.

That is, indeed, what i was thinking of. I thought it was something good though since i dont see any on the back walls and thats where my clowns have been hanging out. I saw them pecking at the wall every now and then too.

Well my clowns have been munching on the copepods all over the tank! I just got a frogspawn frag with 2 heads and its now sitting at the bottom corner of my tank. Im nervous that it might sting my xenias but ill leave them where they are for now.. about 4 inches from each other. Xenia closed up when i put the frogspawn in but it seems to be opening back up. Like always, pictures to follow.

Waiting patiently....

nice tank mate, need more updates and pics :hug1:

Its not much but here are a few pictures i took under the BC actinic lights.
Right side
DSC00573.jpg

Top left
DSC00569.jpg

Left side
DSC00568.jpg

FTS 04/13/2010
DSC00572.jpg

Xenias are closed up in this shot.

I will be removing the frags from the plugs and gluing them to the rocks soon. I hate the look of those plugs everywhere.

Well i was just checking out my tank and i found out that what i thought to be a dead clam attached to a zoa frag isnt quite dead... He is climbing his way around the tanks glass as i type. I snapped some shots of him, of course, but i am too tired to post them up since i just got home from work not too long ago. I will get them up later today.

1Reefer

I'm with you on plugs being ugly... I work hard at keeping em out of my tank. No plugs in my reef!

The best part about removing Zoas from plugs is usually you get some spare polyps you can attach to some rubble and trade it when it fills in.

Been too lazy to add the pictures since i have to use my memory card port and use tweezers to get it out and its just annoying. But i finally did it and here they are!
This is the clam i thought was dead moving around on the glass
DSC00585.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

My frogspawn under daytime lights
DSC00586.jpg

DSC00590.jpg

FTS daytime 4/15/2010
DSC00593.jpg

1Reefer

I can't wait for them to fill in so you can frag em either! I got forst dibs! Lol jk but I would be interested if you end up wanting to sell some of them down the road.

Zoas are actually one of the easier softies to frag.... pretty much just split polyps and glue to rubble or plugs.

1Reefer

I have a couple of those little clam/mussle things in my tank also.....

Once I re read my post the fragging part was kind of confusing....

..... pretty much just seperate polyps from one another and glue to rubble or plugs.... you can cut out as many polyps as you want, anywhere from one polyp frags to as many as you want. I usually frag a few polyps off any new Zoas I get and place it off to the side for later trading. ....

There I go rambling again lol.... hope some of that made sense

I have a couple of those little clam/mussle things in my tank also.....

Once I re read my post the fragging part was kind of confusing....

..... pretty much just seperate polyps from one another and glue to rubble or plugs.... you can cut out as many polyps as you want, anywhere from one polyp frags to as many as you want. I usually frag a few polyps off any new Zoas I get and place it off to the side for later trading. ....

There I go rambling again lol.... hope some of that made sense

lol thanks again. I have checked out the vids online on how to frag and it seems simple enough. I might just go ahead and try that with these guys now and see if they make it.

1Reefer

They would probably be ok... I bought some watermelons and then noticed there was a few polyps on there that weren't watermelons, and I hate mixed Zoas, so I fragged off the 3 polyps that were different..... they weren't anything special but they made it through fine. There were probably 20 melon polyps, the 3 I removed were on the outside edge so it made it easier...

More rambling lol

Small update:
Picked up a little Neon Green Toadstool Leather frag today along with a nice little 2P rainbow Zoa. Pics to follow. Lights are out and everything is sleeping.

Here they are! Sorry i couldnt get better pictures due to the placement in the tank.

DSC00656.jpg

This shot took some creative thinking to get my point and shoot camera to focus through the cave.
DSC00659.jpg

These are some sort of rainbow zoas. Cant really tell in these pictures but they have some nice color to them.
(center frag)
DSC00657.jpg

DSC00658.jpg

This snail reminds me of a dog with its head out the window.
DSC00660.jpg

And a FTS from top down.
DSC00666.jpg

1Reefer

Lookin good 1of... that Toadie should fill in nice in that open area, and that top down shot is pretty sweet, the clowns remind me of little baby Koi (freshwater pond fish) from that angle...