T. Nguyen's 14G BioCube

Well everything checked out (i think?)

Salinity- 1.025
pH- 8.2
Temp- 78
Amm- 0
trite- 0
trate- 0

I dont think i am going to find out why it died but im assuming it had something before i put him in, as i did not have my QT set up yet (bad idea i know). I did an emergency 5G WC just incase. The only live stock i have is my cleaner shrimp and snails which seem good and my corals look great.

My QT is cycling now.

Hope everything else is ok in there, time for an ATO?

I wasnt planning for an ATO but now i think i want one. I have room under the tank for a small 10G container or so. I just need to figure out how im gonna get it all set up with little room to work with in the tank itself.

Not too much to add. Everything seems happy and ill add a few more pictures after i get some sleep.

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

I thought this shot looked pretty cool. Just a point a shoot camera on the High sensitivity setting
DSC00430.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

From the looks of it, i think the Xenia is starting to grow?

Here are a few shots I just took. Sorry its just a point and shoot.
These are the frags i picked up off of Amnestia:
DSC00436.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

They are placed near the back of my tank so i cant get a good pic of all of them.

And a few other pictures i snapped

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

DSC00440.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

DSC00438.jpg

DSC00445.jpg

Freebie polyps i got with the Xenias
DSC00444.jpg

An up to date FTS
DSC00446.jpg

Well my Piccasso's came in yesterday! After hours of acclimation, from getting them out of the box to putting them in a little critter carrier, i finally got them in my tank. They seem to like the corner by my return.

Heres a few pictures that i took

Enjoy!

Packaged VERY well!
DSC00464.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

DSC00467.jpg

Breathable Bags
DSC00468.jpg

Drip acclimation in small critter carrier
DSC00469-1.jpg

DSC00470-1.jpg

In their new home!
DSC00477.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

Here is a video of my cleaner shrimp trying to clean the new tank mates. Its a little long so jump towards the end if you want to see the attempt. (sorry for the shaky hands at 11 secs)

I got home from work this morning to find a HH bristle catching a ride to the top of my tank.
DSC00483.jpg

Here is a video of my Xenias! (i know its just Xenias, but this is the first time i actually got my xenias to last)

Also does anyone have problems with mirco bubbles in their BioCube? Im trying to figure out whats the cause of my micro bubbles.

OHmariner

Those clowns are beautiful! Are you still considering a watchman/shrimp combo? My buddy tried the combo twice and the shrimp made a home in the back side of the tank both times and you could never even tell he was in there dohh. Tank is looking good, Im working on a 12 Gallon bio cube at the moment, I got a frag from my local store and it had an aptasia anemone on it so im currently trying the lemon juice trick.

keep the updates comin, your making some great progress, im jealous lol

Those clowns are beautiful! Are you still considering a watchman/shrimp combo? My buddy tried the combo twice and the shrimp made a home in the back side of the tank both times and you could never even tell he was in there dohh. Tank is looking good, Im working on a 12 Gallon bio cube at the moment, I got a frag from my local store and it had an aptasia anemone on it so im currently trying the lemon juice trick.

keep the updates comin, your making some great progress, im jealous lol

No, not at the moment, i am only going to keep the clowns in the tank since they are already going to be too big for the tank. I would maybe get the combo later if/when i transfer the clowns to my other tank.

Thank you for the kind words btw. I will snap a new FTS with the clowns and post it up soon. Lets see some pics of your tank!

Well i snapped some more pictures...
FTS as of 4/9/2010
DSC00510.jpg

Most of these are of my Grade B the Grade A is shy for now
DSC00522.jpg

DSC00521.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00508.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

And can anyone tell me if these sweepers belong to? they are on my snail's shell and from what i can see they dont seem to be stinging any corals.

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00526.jpg

Comments? Concerns? anything?!?!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Great photos!

The 'sweepers' coming from your snail's shell is from a small harmless filter feeding VERMETID worm/snail. The web collects ditritus/plankton for the vermetid to eat.

Great photos!

The 'sweepers' coming from your snail's shell is from a small harmless filter feeding VERMETID worm/snail. The web collects ditritus/plankton for the vermetid to eat.

Thank you Doni! I wasnt too worried about the web as i saw them sweep over my corals and they didnt close up. But it is good to know i dont have to get rid of them!

Finally got some shots of my Grade A
DSC00536.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00529.jpg

I played with my point and shoot to try and get some nice shots. This is one id like to share.
DSC00545.jpg

Its not much but i cant get much done with the PnS

Can anyone tell me whats going on with my Xenia? Its still pulsating but the stalk its cutting itself in half... splitting perhaps?
DSC00546.jpg

And here is a zoa i picked up from MAX
DSC00542.jpg

It has a heart in the middle!!! thought that was cool

antic picture
DSC00551.jpg

1Reefer

Those Zoas at the end are SWEET !! Tank looks great overall really.... I still love your rockscape and would love a pair of clowns. Yours are beautiful.

Looks to me like your Xania is just moving over a little bit and has to move over a "sharp" edge of that peice of LR..... I don't think its anything to worry about.

Keep up the great progress and posting of pics! I'm liking it for sure!

Does anyone know what this is? Little white specks on my glass

DSC00562.jpg

Best close up i was able to get
DSC00563.jpg

to show the size. Its next to a Nerite snail
DSC00564.jpg

They look like pods of some sort. I thought maybe flatworms but they dont look like flat worms when i get REALLY close to them

Any ideas?