T-Hutchs RSM 130

Hello,

Just wanted to start my own tank thread. Like I said in another post, I purchased a RSM 130 setup for $300. Made a few changes to the rig. Changed out both fans in the hood and purchased the external fan for the back. Now they are super efficient and QUIET. Added about 2 inches of tubing to both return pumps and got a new skimmer attachment for the intake. Purchased new lights. Ordered a float switch for a Auto Top Off I'm going to make.

The tank currently has 2 bags of black live sand and about 32 lbs of live rock.

I used Stability for the first seven days and then added three green chromis. One Chrom has died but the other two are doing GREAT, very active and eating well.I'm running the basic filtration with carbon. I am not currently running the skimmer, I think I will run it once or twice a month for a few hours each time.

Salinity = 1.023
Temp = Its fluctuating between 78 - 81
Ammonia = pic below
Nitrates = pic below

My next purchase will be on a CUC in a few days. I really liked Mexican Turbo Snails in my last setup so I will probably get 4 or 5 of them

I'm not 100% sold on the aquascaping, lmk if you guys like it or have any suggestions.

3-3.jpg

2-4.jpg

100_0072.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great to see you start a tank thread! I'm not trying to be a critic, but the rock looks a bit unstable to me, and if it is you might want to drop down some of the rock to make it more stable. Where did you get those test kits? I really like the color comparison setup.

Surprisingly it is stable, the pieces kind of fit together like a puzzle. The setup came with a bunch of extra goodies including the test kit, she said she paid $75 dollars for it and never used it.

Tank Update 3-10-2011

Added - 3 different frags = colony of orange zoanthids, blue ricordea, frogspawn. = $30

1 tank raised ocellaris clownfish = $10

100_0082.jpg

100_0083.jpg

100_0084.jpg

100_0085.jpg

100_0087.jpg

Sapphire

Nice pics and a great start! That dark substrate is unusual - I like it :)

just one thing - on the pic of the orange zoas - is that possibly an aiptasia (hard to tell)? If it is, best to get rid of it ASAP - I use a syringe and needle and inject them with boiling water.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good eye Emma! I didn't see that. Might be an Aiptasia - hard to tell for sure, but it does look like one.

I currently have 3 turbo snails for a CUC.

How many more turbos do you guys think I should get? And what else an Emerald crab?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Nice new corals & good price !

here was my 130D CUC consist of about 25 Snails

6 - Ceriths, 6 - Nassarius, 6 Margarita Turbos, 6 Astrea & Banded Trochus, 2 Mexican Turbos