Sump?

Built347

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sorry.. back to the topic of discussion... acrylic dividers is fine.. cut them perfect, glue em heavy, and brace them accordingly.( GPH). If your running a 55g tank with- i would imagine somewhere in the range of 500 to 900gph return.. you would be golden with a 1/4 glass 30 with 1/4 acrylic dividers and minimal bracing on the baffles

I have a Rio+ 1400 pumping from the w/d. And now that I think about it is it tru that u add a foot of head for each 90 and if so would u count the elbows on the nozzle that hangs in the dt. Wonder if I skimped on pump size and didn't know it. Dmatt yea that was Pontiac Poor Ol Nigga Think Its a cadillac. Still trying not to offend anyone hopefully I didn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Built347

Hahahahaha..didn't think you'd say it... that makes you a racist!. Loljk.. ya 420gph is not enough dude sorry.. I swear i don't work for danner but I like there pumps.. reasonably priced. Only one moving part.. good stuff.. get a 700 it will run a solid 5 to the tank..

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahah Im not racist I hate everyone equally. Man that sux I accounted for the four foot head but didn't think about the 90s in the return nozzle.

ChrisY

would 2 45s help vs the 90s. it shouldn't disturb the flow as much. more awkward to plumb but....

dmatt88

I'll second the flex hose. For all the tanks I'm eliminating PVC.

Matt leaves out punctuation.

ChrisY

I dont want to be a wet blanket Matt, but doesnt flex hose get a bad rap when it comes to ends splitting etc. I know when I glue PVC I am light headed for a bit but the sh&$ sticks :)

Wat about a u pipe over the back like on the overflow but on the return side with one of those flexible nozzle ends to try and eliminate all the 90s. Just a smooth turn ya kno

Built347

That would totally work but be careful.. all of those U's that I've delt with a really fragile plastic.. that would be a mess on the pump side.

I try to utilize as many hose as possible.

Ahhhhahahahah yea so do I that's y I'm not married but I don't have that budget minded person over my shoulder saying we can't afford that. Ha I do Wat I want :thumbup:

dmatt88

I dont want to be a wet blanket Matt, but doesnt flex hose get a bad rap when it comes to ends splitting etc. I know when I glue PVC I am light headed for a bit but the sh&$ sticks :)

I have 5 yr old clear hose that is clamped. The only issue I've encountered is cutting it off the connection and the metal hose clamp rusting. Are you thinking of the cheap white stuff?

ChrisY

Actually just be careful, I have had the braided clear stuff in the past that had split from the end under the clamp and started to leak. maybe it was my fault and just gorilla clamped it or something, but I have had it happen.

dmatt88

Actually just be careful, I have had the braided clear stuff in the past that had split from the end under the clamp and started to leak. maybe it was my fault and just gorilla clamped it or something, but I have had it happen.

Ur just too strong for ur hose. Haha

Thoughts pls megaflow w/d converted to a different type of sump setup. Think its worth the effort? Rather than starting from scratch