Sump?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Glass sump silicone. Aquarium safe. As for acrylic I have to pass.

Matt leaves out punctuation.

Built347

Ge GEO12A 100% silicone Is what i use.. If you cant find this type you can use anything that is 100% silicone.. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that it has no moldecide.. If you cant be 100% sure just use the Aquarium sealant from you lfs.. or order it from a website.. Only problem is that it is 10-14 dollars vs 4 dollars from the hardware store..

sorry matt i just found the part# wednesday during the cleanup..

IMG_20120127_221300.jpg

immerume2

Ge GEO12A 100% silicone Is what i use.. If you cant find this type you can use anything that is 100% silicone.. MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that it has no moldecide.. If you cant be 100% sure just use the Aquarium sealant from you lfs.. or order it from a website.. Only problem is that it is 10-14 dollars vs 4 dollars from the hardware store..

sorry matt i just found the part# wednesday during the cleanup..

IMG_20120127_221300.jpg

Just answered one of my biggest questions recently. 100% silicone is the key.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Built347

Oh yea nice Stang built but tough guys in bow ties ahhhahahahh. Jk :cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
Bring that Chevy! :D.. theres a saying that is inappropriate.. but you know what type of people wear bow ties. lol.. Man i love some ford chevy trashtalking..:)

dmatt88

Ur buying the first round come BBQ St Louis style pal. Haha :D

Yea trashin on fords is soo awesome haahahahah. Im gonna use a glass tank with acrylic dividers will that make a difference and how do u think I should go about choosing the size of the sump for my 55. I think I'll be limited on size just because of my stand it has a center support on front and back and I barely got the megaflow in there. Is there a certain ratio of dt gal to sump gal.

ChrisY

I rememeber as a kid one of the sayings was "I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy!" Which naturally led to the comments like "FORD = Found On Roadside Dead" to about having to push one from the other camp. lol

Built347

Man im sure there is a ratio. and ive been told my sump is unnecessarily large.. but the way i see it is go as big as you can with the space allotted.. if you dont you will regret it.. I would regret it.. if you do a 15g sump it will more than work.. if you did a 20Long sump you could add a refugium.. If you crammed a custom 30+ under there you could add a substantial amount of live rock and macros and whatnot to aid in the structure of your biofilter. If you built a second 55 next to it and went "sumpless" you could do a full on living refugium that would not only support your tank but look soooo awesome at the same time... Go big is both mine and Matts motto/way of life it seems.

dmatt88

At this point size of sump is being dictated by size of space. Keep in mind glass silicones to glass well as these guys told me. But I went ahead n added acrylic panels to my glass sump. Stay tuned for updates.

Built347

I rememeber as a kid one of the sayings was "I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy!" Which naturally led to the comments like "FORD = Found On Roadside Dead" to about having to push one from the other camp. lol
OMG both of you guys... and ive got a ford guy in the thread and he isnt backing me at all..... PARTNER!! help me to convince these guys that driving chevys is putting there families lives at risk of spontaneous electrical fires and exploding cooling systems.... :)

ChrisY

Hehe. I like Fords, well some of them anyway. Mustang, GT40, Cosworth etc...:) As to Chevy, well, won't really comment there, but if someone handed me a Z06 or something I wouldn't turn it down. :) My garage is full of SUVs currently though (Toyota and Nissan).

Hahaaha Fix Or Repair Daily my favorite is. P O N T I A C
O L. I. H T. A
O. G. I. S. D
R. G. N. I
A. K. L
L
A
C
Not prejudice or anything just a funny saying. Hope I don't offend anyone.