Sump?

Hey everyone I've been reading and reading and happened to notice some of u have custom bolt sumps/fuge. My first tank was a 29 gallon deep blue. I also bought a 10 gal tank that I turned into a fuge but that was my first one and it kinda worked but I kept having problems well I should say puddles on the floor. That was my learning curve. I am kinda hesitant on building another one but I keep seeing all these nice sumps with fuges and Skimmers and Cato's oh my. What are the formulas to figuring out how deep this chamber should be and if I leave this much room for overflow in case of a power loss will I have more puddles or will I be swimming with my couple of corals that I have. But most importantly how do I assemble a sump and not have silicone smears all over the glass. Are there some techniques some of u could share. Thanks everyone

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Haha. Good questions. Check out my thread a few pages back. You will see who gave me my ideas.

Matt leaves out punctuation.

Thanks for the encouragement built347 and is that built 347 striker in a mustang?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Built347

Thanks for the encouragement built347 and is that built 347 striker in a mustang?

Yes... while were on the sump subject.. check out my sump build thread.. the Mustang made it in there.. along with lots of sump talk..

Sent from my BatPhone using Tapatalk

dmatt88

Yes... while were on the sump subject.. check out my sump build thread.. the Mustang made it in there.. along with lots of sump talk..

Absolutely+ 1^

ChrisY

So Devon whats it going to cost me to get you to build me a custom sump/fuge for my 130D? :) Ive got dimensions and and know what I want in there. or for that matter since I am adding another 29g tank. i might just join them to the same sump/fuge and make it visible between them. Just a thought.

Built347

Dude this stuff is fun... buy the stuff and pay all shipping and ill do it for free. Or if your gonna be in town in June.. spend a couple days on it with me...

dmatt88

Dude this stuff is fun... buy the stuff and pay all shipping and ill do it for free. Or if your gonna be in town in June.. spend a couple days on it with me...

Fun. Yes. Exciting. Yes. Nervewracking? Priceless.

Hey its all good I've been reading and looking at Matt and builts threads Chris. A lot of info in there and some nice tanks. Mustang boy u have a super huge Skimmer. I've never seen one that big n I like the way you set it up with the dual feed like that way kool. Still have one question I didn't find an answer to tho. Do u guys use aquarium silicone or some type of epoxy to seal things up. Thanx again guys. Helped me to see things a little different about sump setups.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk