Suggestions on how to use the RSM forum

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Now that Travis has been nice enough to set up a special subform for RSM owners, we can hopefully use this to prevent the "neverending thread" situation that was the case with the huge RSM thread that a lot of us RSM owners participated in on another forum (and the direction we're headed in now!). Here's our chance to do it better the second time! After discussing it with Travis I think a good place to start would be to use separate posts for tank issues or questions, a mod that you've done, or just a general question on something in your tank? Don't forget the other sections of Reef Sanctuary - some questions will get you more answers if you don't just limit them to RSM owners.

And with the new RSM forum, a person can now do an advanced search within this new forum heading to find something much easier than reading through numerous pages of a long thread to find it.

Make sense? It does to me.

MrsPeer

Re: Suggestions on how to use the new RSM forum

Great suggestions Reefmack, especially creating a new thread for any new mods, which are really popular with RSM owners seeking to improve their tanks.

Arreola

Reefmack - Those are great news for us RSM owners!!
Other tread thet we can add is the "RSM inhabitants"
For some of us is hard to know what species that better for the size of the RSM, specialy on the corals.

We all can learn on some of the corals based on the experience.

What do you think?
Arreola

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Reefmack - Those are great news for us RSM owners!!
Other tread thet we can add is the "RSM inhabitants"
For some of us is hard to know what species that better for the size of the RSM, specialy on the corals.

We all can learn on some of the corals based on the experience.

What do you think?
Arreola

Good idea Arreola!

Witfull

i added threads

"ask Red Sea" and "full tank photos"

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Witfull - you beat me to the punch on the FTS thread, and the Ask Red Sea thread is a great idea! Thanks! I think you need to buy an RSM now :)

LimoMan

Reefmack, not to get off topic but I am purchasing a Flame Angel for my RSM tomorrow from my lfs. It was shipped a few days ago and supposedly is not from the area where they have been dying off lately. My fish guy knows his stuff and has never steered me wrong, my question is "my RSM is about 7 months old and I want to make sure I don't risk killing this specimen". My choice was between the flame and a coral beauty, but from what I have been told, the way to go is the Angel! :drunk: Sorry but I have been hitting the bottle as of late :drool: Any suggestions could help.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Hi LimoMan! I replied to your PM, but I have a small flame in my smaller tank for now, and have seen quite a few of them in RSMs. I think the flame and coral beauty are both pygmy angels? Go for it - nothing is guaranteed in this hobby! :)

rereefer

Hi, finally found "you guys"! I was on a field assignment and returned and couldn't find ya at the "other place". This is a great forum!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

rereefer - :welcomera to Reef Sanctuary and the New and Improved RSM Owners Club! Yes - Reef Sanctuary is indeed a great forum, and they've given the RSM tanks their own "home"! Glad you were able to find us. Did we know you by another name on the other forum?

rereefer

yes, I was janes_mw. I didn't post much, but I did follow the activity as I was setting mine up. This forum is really awesome!

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Ahhhhhh. OK - I remember the janes_mw! Yes - this forum is awesome - both Reef Sanctuary and the space they've given us that is devoted to the Red Sea tanks!

Whipitup

How about a TOTM or POTM competition?

(Tank or Picture of the month)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Reef Sanctuary already runs those - in the photography forum I think. Are you suggesting one for RSMs?

Whipitup

Yes, (I'm not always interested in some guys 15' tank......just makes me jealous I'd rather see what can be done with an RSM) and maybe a section where we can post links to our tank vids on You-tube.

Sometimes a video is better than pictures.

Just a thought.

Roger

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

We do have an RSM FTS thread, but never ran a contest. I'm not sure you'd get a lot of entries, but who knows. Judging might be tough - leave me out of that LOL! I suppose the judging could be done via the poll feature. If you want to take it on feel free to.

You could start a thread for RSM You-Tube tank videos and see who has them to put in.

Whipitup

Getting a bit late here.................I'll try to set it up tomorrow.

And take a video too......(well, I might as well be the first)

The TOTM and FOTM are won by poll generally.......It might be better to wait until we have more members that post regularly though?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM

Good idea on waiting. I've got some You-Tube videos of my tank posted in here somewhere, but no idea where!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF

Hi All new to RSM Owners Club - just a tip - If you will add Location:

It will really help with recommendations & suggested places to buy stuff !

You can find it under "User CP" "Edit Profile"

We have such a great International family here in the RSM Club, it really helps !
050.gif
:hug1:

I always hate when I point a members to some great LiveRock & then have them tell me shipping it across the pond, would be a bit expensive :jumprope: