Steve's LED's Conversion - UK installation problem

Woodbeast

Hi Woodbeast, I have just spotted that the Typhon controller needs a 12V DC input. Did you get a UK power wall plug provided for this or how did you connect yours?
It comes with a US plug input which works with a travel adapter. I guess you could buy a UK 12V DC input cheap as chips or an adapter for the US plug? I didn't get an adapter as standard via Steve's, but they did send me one on request, when they sent me a new power unit, post sale.

The typhoon route is so much better than the stock Timer...it's great!!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

StevesLEDs

RS Sponsor
Dgilbert,
I went ahead and put the UK power adapter in the box but forgot to add another one for the Typhon. It is a very cheap part, get the adapter, not the converter. Apologies for that, it slipped my mind. The included one is already plugged into the power supply so just switch the voltage to 230 and you are ready for action.

Jeff

dgilbert2

Dgilbert,
I went ahead and put the UK power adapter in the box but forgot to add another one for the Typhon. It is a very cheap part, get the adapter, not the converter. Apologies for that, it slipped my mind. The included one is already plugged into the power supply so just switch the voltage to 230 and you are ready for action.

Jeff
Thanks for the clarification Jeff. It sounds like I can use the UK power adapter you sent for the Typhon and then just fit a wireable UK plug to the mains lead for the 24V power supply? (I'm assuming the Typhon comes with a US plug type power brick?)

dgilbert2

One more question please Woodbeast, how long did it take from being dispatched to your LEDs being delivered to your door?