Steph's long odyssey - 300 gallon build

tbittner

Well, you could use the same rationalization for buying a Solaris. Virtually zero heat relayed to the water because they don't produce any heat. Not to mention the amount of money you'll save on electric. I read somewhere that in 2 years, you'll make back the price difference between MH and the Solaris. And no bulbs to change which saves even more money.

And no, I don't work for PFO. :D

SJS

Well, you could use the same rationalization for buying a Solaris. Virtually zero heat relayed to the water because they don't produce any heat. Not to mention the amount of money you'll save on electric. I read somewhere that in 2 years, you'll make back the price difference between MH and the Solaris. And no bulbs to change which saves even more money.

And no, I don't work for PFO. :D

Good Rationalization!!! I have T-5's now - came on the tank, I'll use those for now, but when I upgrade it will be Solaris

S - Amazing! I couldn't help but get a little bit jeallous. It's beautiful. The aquascaping allows for many wonderful places to add corals. Your heater in one of the pictures looks awsome. What kind is it?

SJS

S - Amazing! I couldn't help but get a little bit jeallous. It's beautiful. The aquascaping allows for many wonderful places to add corals. Your heater in one of the pictures looks awsome. What kind is it?

THe broken kind!!! It's a Won somethingorother 1000 Watts. I'm not sure if the controller is broken or the heater... I was trying it again... THe controller still registers an accurate temp, but the heater isnt heating. I have another 1000 watt heater in the 90 gallon fuge and I have the thermometer in the return section of the sump, so I get the temp of water returning from the tank. The temp from the sump and the DT are within a few 10ths of a degree - so this seems to be working well so far. I'll take the heater out of the DT, but leave the thermometer...

JoJo

hey steph, the FTS looks greats. i love how the eyes arent distracted by any wood trimming or overflow boxes sticking out.

Your vocab is almost as bad as mine. every so often i catch myself typing how i talk:chomp: , and you i'm sure everyone knows the saying "opening your mouth and remove all doubt:willis:

JoJo

hey craig, i thought i was the only one up this time of night, goes to show what i know

Stacef

I'm the west coast blonde - you're the midwest blonde - at least I'm flattered by the mix up!!!

Aww, thanks me too! hahah, We could just role with it, and start messing with her head :hammerhea . Wait, that's not friendly!! But that's what families do! :bigbounce

SJS

UPDATE!!!!
Checked parameters all week since adding new rock to existing set up - no spike - saw some pods - Yeah!!! Added my 3 chromis to the tank. Poor little guys had been in QT since November!! They hid out under a ledge for a little while then merged out into the water column. They've been hanging out midtank all afternoon, pecking at the pods etc...

QUESTION?
I'm thinking of adding a pair of Bangaii Cardinals next - anyone think a different type of fish should go before the Bangaii's?? This will be a peaceful tank with corals.... (softies till I get better lights)...
Anyone have both Bangaii's and Pajama Cardinals together in a tank? I'm thinking a pair of each...

JoJo

glad to hear the LR didnt cause a problem Steph, when are you going to put pics of the new scapin'? I can help you on the fish selection, but someone else will chime in soon enough.

framerguy

I only have the PJ cardinals but when you get them I think you should get an odd numbered school, 3,5,or 7. I've never heard of a problem with the two types cohabitating. Personally I wish I had gone with the Bangaii. All the PJ's do is sit in one place and twitch all day.

SJS

I only have the PJ cardinals but when you get them I think you should get an odd numbered school, 3,5,or 7. I've never heard of a problem with the two types cohabitating. Personally I wish I had gone with the Bangaii. All the PJ's do is sit in one place and twitch all day.

Good to know - I ordered 2 juvenile Bangaii's (ORA's) and will order the PJ's after the Bangaii's have done their 4-6 in QT!!