Stalwarts first reef tank

Stalwart

Ok, as promised here is the Ricordia I found in the back of my tank, she must have liked it back there, because she is heading back that way.

Look at those red lips, she wants a Kiss

Attachments

• Ricordia1.jpg
    Ricordia1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 24

Stalwart

Well I introduced the Peppermint shrimp and the Aiptasia are not taking it lightly, they have pulled out the armor and are preparing for battle, as evidenced by the photo below

Attachments

• Aiptasia Troops.jpg
    Aiptasia Troops.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 22

billyr98

Stalwart said:
Ok, as promised here is the Ricordia I found in the back of my tank, she must have liked it back there, because she is heading back that way.

Look at those red lips, she wants a Kiss

neat ricordia pic!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
LOL at your signature Stalwart! Hahaha~
<TABLE class=tborder id=post164656 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_164656>
Reef Newbie
I would list my stuff if I knew what it was.
yawn.gif

I have a box full of water
a yellow thing
a blue thing
oh, and this black box thing that goes whirllllll, blurble,blurble.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Stalwart

A couple of new additions, these two were tank buddies at Exotic Aquatics, so I had to get both, I think its a law or something.

anyway, here they are

Attachments

• CBB.jpg
    CBB.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Clown.jpg
    Clown.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 16

Stalwart

How often do Cleaner Shrimp molt, I just found another casing in the tank tonight, the last molt was on July 5th, thats twice in 12 days.

Stalwart

I havent added anything new since the Anemone, but I wanted to make a few observations and something I learned today.

First, Has anyone ever seen an LTA freeze? One second its waving in the flow and then the next second, it freezes, dead still. Then a few seconds later starts waving again, with no apparent ill effects. Weird. The darn thing still has not settled down. I even dug out the crushed coral from the corner he has been hanging in and replaced it with a 5" deep sandbed, about 6" X 6".
The anemone still looks good and is eating, just wont plant that foot.

Second, Today, I was looking in the tank and noticed a little smoke coming from something in the corner. My Urchin was sitting on my PH and it had, what looked like smoke pouring out of it. I though OMG, I turned off all the PH's and it was still smoking. I later learned that my Urchin is a male and it had released some sperm into the water. Apparently the filter feeders got a nice feast tonight, YUCK!

lcstorc

The freezing thing is very odd. My anemones do some strange stuff, but not that. LOL. As to planting itself, give it time. It needs to find it's "happy" place. Mine almost never stay where I put/want them. LOL. Depending on light, flow, rock, etc it will find where it likes and IME will then pretty much stay put unless/until something changes.
Beautiful animal from the pics so hope it does well. It is tough to keep one in a newer tank (Trust me on this one learned the hard way.) They are also notoriously slow to show that they are having issues so it is really important to test your water and do frequent water changes. They do not like trates.
Anyway, sorry you prob know all this. It's early and I'm just babbling away. LOL
Interresting observation on the urchin though. I would have freaked. LOL

Gina

RS STAFF
Stalwart said:
Second, Today, I was looking in the tank and noticed a little smoke coming from something in the corner. My Urchin was sitting on my PH and it had, what looked like smoke pouring out of it. I though OMG, I turned off all the PH's and it was still smoking. I later learned that my Urchin is a male and it had released some sperm into the water. Apparently the filter feeders got a nice feast tonight, YUCK!

No DT's tonight! LOL