Stalwarts first reef tank

Stalwart

Wel, I think I had my first casualty :tears: :tears: :tears: . Not sure what happened to my Coral Banded Shrimp, maybe it decided to take a rest in the wrong place. I have not seen it since last night. Maybe the Rock Anemone have a taste for shrimp after tuesday nights feeding.

Rock_Anemone.jpg

aquaman3680

just a thought dont call the anenome a rock one when describing it to someone call it a flower anenome rock gives the connotation of aptasia

Stalwart

UPDATE!!!!!!

The Flower Anemone has been aquitted, I guess the CBS was just hiding pretty good, he finally turned up a few minutes ago. WooHoo :thumbup: :clink:

Gina

RS STAFF
That's the cutest lawnmover I've ever seen!
Glad your shrimp finally turned up for you!

lcstorc

Nice anemone pic.
Cute new fish.
Glad your shrimp turned up. They can hide very well. I have given up on a shrimp more than once assuming it became dinner only to find it days or weeks later just fine. I think mine like to make me search the tank for them. LOL

Stalwart

Thanks guys, for the comments.

Blenny settled in nicely, he started eating within the first hour, now if I can just get him out in the yard.(oh sory just thinking out loud) :lol: .

Stalwart

BIlly,

The Blenny is great. tons of character. he eats algea like a buck tooth bumkin eats corn on the cob. LOL :lol:

Stalwart

Never a dull moment

I started adding iodine to the tank monday, i was reading the instructions on the bottle and the instructions from a fellow reefer who doses daily with a diluted mix, I added one drop to my tank on monday and one drop to the tank on tuesday, before i realized i was only supposed to dose it once a week, not a severe od but enough

Anyone wanna guess the result of this mistake.

Stalwart

At the moment it is just a mild diatom breakout, I hope it clears itself, the snails are doing a pretty good job on it.

See waht happens over the next couple days

Stalwart

I havent posted to this thread in a while but everything seems like it is going pretty good so far, with the exception of the temp spike last week and yesterday I did a vac/water change and broke the tip off of one of my Montis (the pretty orange one). I have not added anything new since the blenny.

I am still doing battle with the Aiptasia, they have taken up position on the back of a huge rock on the bottom, for now I am just Joe Juicing them to death, but I think it is just making them mad and causing them to multiply, time will tell. There is one huge (2-3 inch) cluster back there, I am going to get some rubber gloves today and take them out to a 20 gallon tank to spread all they want, they will soon be food for my Berghia experiment.

I am having a good time with the tank. I like feeding the sun polyps and flower anemonies, the fish go crazy at feeding time and the cleaner shrimp likes to clean my arm when I stick it in the tank, he is not shy at all.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Bummer about breaking your montis. Good luck with the aiptasia! Glad you're enjoying your reef :D